Over the mountains and on to Nurnberg (EDDN)

andy1252

continuing on with my flight in the Viscount, turning north and heading over the mountains towards Germany

MPlQO6g.jpg

XcJdx12.jpg

not long before we're heading out over the plain

A7mBoU1.jpg

TYWT9pG.jpg

TqwGDzy.jpg

EDDM in the distance, Munich itself a little behind us to starboard

9ljGD9L.jpg

flying over Augsburg

coTWUjf.jpg

the countryside looks good in this light and weather

a5R6J7N.jpg

Bm6nB8S.jpg

turning towards Nurnberg now

anDNKil.jpg

KWH6gna.jpg

FIooXM0.jpg

4kGLano.jpg

Whoops. I suppose this is why you're supposed to have flight plans and all that stuff. Me, I'll just sit in slew mode while he flies off

DidkNay.jpg

safe now!

rEDJAUp.jpg

FEHmJhy.jpg

0R5DLDw.jpg

OW9A1G6.jpg

VxfiuSQ.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the flight - I did!

On 1/10/2018 at 9:21 PM, Sniper31 said:

A great spread Andy. I thinkg the shading effects in these shots looks remarkable, and also in those shots where the sun is glinting off the livery of the plane, now those colors pop! 

Thanks Sniper! I stopped messing with my settings months ago, and now it just seems to be the luck of the simulated TOD, weather, atmosphere etc. Sometimes you get lucky, like on this flight, and sometimes it all looks a bit bland. But actually, I guess that's just an indicator of the realism within the environment - looking out my window here today, "bland" would be about right!

On 1/10/2018 at 9:28 PM, paulb said:

Well done Andy! Great shots! :)

Cheers Paul!

On 1/10/2018 at 9:32 PM, BradB said:

Smashing set of shots Andy , are those SkyForce clouds in these shots

Thanks John.  I think my clouds are coming from ASCA. It all got a bit confusing for a while as I didn't like the "upgrade" with REX TD/ED, so I think I'm using REX for water, hard surfaces etc, but ASCA for clouds (with ASN). But I've also got an old PTA file running as well. Still not totally happy with my Cumulus (my "fair weather" sky looks like the Simpsons opening credits) but frankly, I got fed up with piddling around with it all. I''ve got Envtex and Envshade on the machine but never tried them yet, and I'll probably end up with a copy of SkyForce to try out at some point, but until I've got a better handle on what files are being replaced or overwritten (and therefore I can take proper back-out precautions) I plan to just sit with what I've got.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:49 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Well done Andy, that's some beautiful countryside right there!

Ain't it just, Jack. And personally, I prefer it a little less green, like in these seasons. I'm going to have to go back in and nose around the German sceneries a bit more now that I've got the updates on there. Definitely one of the best sets around. I'm one of those folk that think the UK regions are below par - I'd love to see them brought up to this standard.

On 1/11/2018 at 1:14 AM, lifejogger said:

Great flight Andy, I enjoyed it and the screenies!!!!!!

Cheers John. Now we've got GES to play with, there are some really nice little flights to do around that region!

On 1/11/2018 at 2:32 AM, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful high quality set Andy.

Too many great images to pick a fav.:D

Cheers Martyn. Don't know, but I suspect you're the same as me in that I find it difficult to stop hitting that V key (actually, I've got the trigger on my joystick set up for taking shots - much more natural). I'm constantly having to go through forcing myself to delete pix after a flight.

22 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of shots Andy and I enjoyed your trip regards stewart

Thanks Stewart. Actually, I thought I saw you in the distance at one point! (weren't you down this way recently?)

18 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

Thanks Iain.

11 hours ago, kjrman said:

You are correct, the countryside does look great with that lighting!  Well done.

Cheers K. It still amazes me how you can be flying along and suddenly catch a particularly brilliant burst of light, either because the actual clouds/light changed or just a slight change of viewing angle. Particularly with winter light and long shadows.

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Thanks Sniper! I stopped messing with my settings months ago, and now it just seems to be the luck of the simulated TOD, weather, atmosphere etc. Sometimes you get lucky, like on this flight, and sometimes it all looks a bit bland. But actually, I guess that's just an indicator of the realism within the environment - looking out my window here today, "bland" would be about right!

I am in the same boat as you in the regard Andy. Once I set my settings, I generally keep them for a long time and just fly. Some days, you're right, the weather and time of day make the images really pop, and others, well, they are just there :D

Archived