Looking for AI

VH-KDK

Another trip from NZWR to NZAA but this time down the west coast and not with the benefit of some sunny weather.

1.SD1.jpg

Departure at dusk.

2.SD2.jpg

3.SD3.jpg

4.SD4.jpg

Now at Ararua with a low cloud base  and keeping an eye out for any hills through the driving rain.

5.SD5.jpg

The heavy rain and low cloud has eased off as we go past South Head to follow the coast for a short distance.

6.SD6.jpg

Past the Manukau Heads and nearly at NZAA

7.SD7.jpg

Over Manukua Harbour with Clarks Beach in the distance

8.SD8.jpg

As I rarely fly at dusk I don't usually see the impressive bright runway lights.

9.SD9.jpg

Plenty of AI planes this time thanks to me remembering to install the wonderful ORBX Oceania freeware pack.

10.SD11.jpg

ANZ and Jetstar planes in abundance.

11.SD10.jpg

Some very interesting types in the GA area too.

Hope you enjoyed flying along.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Good luck on finding some AI Martyn , you will be a smarter man for it . Judging by these fabulous shots , you might have already found some AI . :rolleyes::o;):D:lol:

Cheers

John

Thank you John and my luck was in as there was a wonderful selection awaiting me at NZAA!:)

2 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of shots Martyn I enjoyed your trip and is this p3dv4 and I love the old prop aircraft regards stewart

Thanks Stewart and this is V4.0. 

I only use FSX when flying in Australia with OZx airports.:)

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

All good but 8 & 9!  Wow, just fine and dandy Martyn!

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank you for you encouraging input and glad you liked them.:D

Thanks Jack, I messed up my previous reply to you but looks like you figured it out all the same.:rolleyes:

Nice tour, martyn, and I see you have loads of Kiwis parking in NZAA now (just like I enjoyed recently in Wellington). Grahams good work...

I had the same trouble with real weather in NZ in the last days, isn´t it Summer down under?

PS: I think you have the DC-3 freeware in v2 installed in you p3d. Any special tricks needed, or your usual procedure?

32 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Nice tour, martyn, and I see you have loads of Kiwis parking in NZAA now (just like I enjoyed recently in Wellington). Grahams good work...

I had the same trouble with real weather in NZ in the last days, isn´t it Summer down under?

PS: I think you have the DC-3 freeware in v2 installed in you p3d. Any special tricks needed, or your usual procedure?

Thanks Gerold. It is summer in Oz but the weather in Kiwiland is a tad different.

Don't worry though they can still have some pretty ordinary "summer" weather here south of the divide.

A very welcome sight to see all of those black tailed planes at Auckland when I lobbed in.

I have Manfreds C-47/DC-3 going very well in V4.0 using the usual method.;)

The only anomaly I can see is the start up smoke has a lot of yellow in it. Possibly flame?!:ph34r:

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold. It is summer in Oz but the weather in Kiwiland is a tad different.

Don't worry though they can still have some pretty ordinary "summer" weather here south of the divide.

A very welcome sight to see all of those black tailed planes at Auckland when I lobbed in.

I have Manfreds C-47/DC-3 going very well in V4.0 using the usual method.;)

The only anomaly I can see is the start up smoke has a lot of yellow in it. Possibly flame?!:ph34r:

"Lobbed in". :lol:

Archived