A320 at KATL

Jack Sawyer

Flight testing and setting up cameras and getting a feel for this gorgeous plane.  FLSlabs, it cost me a lot but it's well worth it.  Looking forward to learning this.

wvIGHOa.jpg

IknBvue.jpg

7ssc4Hb.jpg

3IDJrZS.jpg

pm2ENGH.jpg

x4KVuYu.jpg

pBfaoPX.jpg

UETM9tg.jpg

Really cool reversers, never seen anything like it in my career, I like them!

m2e0tbl.jpg

3H9GSpP.jpg

cgRv5mL.jpg

1 minute ago, Bermuda425 said:

Splendid air and ground movement action!

Thanks Erik.  this was with I reckon a full fuel load, no FMC set up, just get in and fly a circuit.  I have a long way to go in learning an Airbus, too used to Boeings.  I have to rethink things, and learn a ton of new acronyms, but some people like one thing I like study level, well, part of the time. :P

2 hours ago, BradB said:

ATC must be packing the ground traffic a little tight , your departing company bird almost clipped your tail Captain Jack . :unsure::rolleyes:B):D

Cheers

John

I saw that and was actually thrilled John.  ;)  I was just messing with it, setting up cameras and I have to tell you, this is an amazing piece of programming.  From a former technician I can appreciate what they did.  They claim they incorporated all the wiring, terminal strips, diodes, resistors, and AIRINC data into it.  Astonishing.  They’re like the Orbx of aircraft companies.

Why do I like these study level planes so much?  Dunno, maybe I’m just airplane crazy.

DAL is replacing all the Mad Dogs with 320’s and I see a lot of them every day now.  SO much quieter.

3 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set with your beautiful new plane Jack.:)

Very lucky those departures didn't scratch your shiny new paintwork.:o

Good luck with learning it too, a wonderful pastime that has something for everyone.;)

Thanks Martyn and too right mate!! :)

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Excellent set with your new plane Jack, have fun! :)

Thanks Adam!

10 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. John is wrong about those guys in the tower he doesn't know it's 17:hrs and that is "Miller Time".:P:D

:)  I miss Miller Time.  Thanks Karl.

8 hours ago, stewart1 said:

super set of shots Jack and it looks like you where having fun regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, I was but this plane has a very steep learning curve.

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I saw that and was actually thrilled John.  ;)  I was just messing with it, setting up cameras and I have to tell you, this is an amazing piece of programming.  From a former technician I can appreciate what they did.  They claim they incorporated all the wiring, terminal strips, diodes, resistors, and AIRINC data into it.  Astonishing.  They’re like the Orbx of aircraft companies.

Why do I like these study level planes so much?  Dunno, maybe I’m just airplane crazy.

DAL is replacing all the Mad Dogs with 320’s and I see a lot of them every day now.  SO much quieter.

Nice set Jack

Your thoughts on the A320 so far?

I am waiting for Leonardo's Mad Dog for v4, as are a lot of folk. Blow out a few windows!:)

TTM

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set Jack

Your thoughts on the A320 so far?

I am waiting for Leonardo's Mad Dog for v4, as are a lot of folk. Blow out a few windows!:)

TTM

My thoughts?  Well, it's very expensive but worth it.  100% study level which is what I really like TTM.  It's complicated but once I get to know it I think I'll like it because Airbus really knows how take the workload off the pilots.  I like the autopilot and other avionics in it.  Since I never worked our A320's I have to really learn a lot.  But is it worth it, yes by all means.

I wanted this plane very badly but wanted all the Orbx airports first.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

My thoughts?  Well, it's very expensive but worth it.  100% study level which is what I really like TTM.  It's complicated but once I get to know it I think I'll like it because Airbus really knows how take the workload off the pilots.  I like the autopilot and other avionics in it.  Since I never worked our A320's I have to really learn a lot.  But is it worth it, yes by all means.

I wanted this plane very badly but wanted all the Orbx airports first.

Glad its worth the $ ticket:)

TTM

Archived