Change of mind.

VH-KDK

The VC-10 is shown here in a transitional colour scheme, part BOAC and part British Airways.

I liked the all the BOAC schemes but the new BA colours didn't appeal at all.

I was just going to do a take off and climb but things turned out rather different from planned!

1.LG1.jpg

Waiting at LEBB ready to take holiday makers back to Gatwick.

2.LG2.jpg

Siesta is now over.

3.LG3.jpg

Lifting off from a very hazy Bilbao.

4.LG4.jpg

Passing over Elexalde Derio and the B-631 road.

5.LG5.jpg

Forgetting which way I was going I have done a 360° and now going in the right direction.

6.LG6.jpg
Stewart would probably recognise the E5 motorway with Lake Parentis and beyond that Lac de Cazaux.

7.LG7.jpg

Looking back down the west coast of France towards Bayonne.

8.LG8.jpg

I suppose all these buttons, knobs and switches do something!

9.LG9.jpg

Bordeaux and the Gironde Estuary.

10.LG10.jpg

Well this was only going to be a take off and climb flight to see the VC-10 in action but I have now dialled Gatwick into the GPS. Again nothing much to see except clouds. AS4 doing it's job very well.

11.LG11.jpg

Some broken cloud allows us to catch a glimpse of Brighton well into the descent.

12.LG12.jpg

Over familiar territory at East Grinstead. I passed here many times in dad's timber jinker

13.LG13.jpg

Looking down Copthorne and Effingham Roads at Felbridge. I liked this road as if I was lucky there used to be a few planes coming in to land at Gatwick. In the early 60s it was not a busy airport.

14.LG14.jpg

Can I put the VC-10 down on the runway, it is all going too good for my liking.

15.LG15.jpg

Happiness is.............getting the jet down on the runway. I cannot believe just how well that went.

16.LG16.jpg

End of a great flight and for the passengers it is the end of a wonderful Spanish holiday.

I hope you enjoyed the flight and you will come again.

Looks like you had a very nice flight Martyn and i enjoyed you shots well the E5 used a lot in and out of Spain and coming back it was nice to get Bayonne but the only problem once i had unloaded in the uk i was back to Spain 3 trips per month i was on trip money .

and thanks for sharing you Trip brought back  many   memories of the past  thanks regards stewart

9 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! A great flight! :) You must be pleased having a VC10 in v4 ;).

I can last remember flying the excellent freeware ones in FS2002 or was it FS2004?

Cheers Paul, I can remember dashing around in a VC-10 in FS9 crashing the thing everywhere. :lol:

In those days trying to land a Bonanza was a challenge.:rolleyes:

As the saying goes "practice make it slightly easier!" Something like that anyway:o

Oh, and yes I do love this VC-10, I suppose I could look into it a bit more but I was able to do the flight just in Ctrl+E mode not even using the AP.

Well done to JF for thinking of us lesser knowledgeable types.:P

9 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Looks like you had a very nice flight Martyn and i enjoyed you shots well the E5 used a lot in and out of Spain and coming back it was nice to get Bayonne but the only problem once i had unloaded in the uk i was back to Spain 3 trips per month i was on trip money .

and thanks for sharing you Trip brought back  many   memories of the past  thanks regards stewart

Thank you Stewart and memories galore with the VC-10 and this part of the world.

As soon as I saw the E5 I thought of you!:)

11 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Cheers Paul, I can remember dashing around in a VC-10 in FS9 crashing the thing everywhere. :lol:

In those days trying to land a Bonanza was a challenge.:rolleyes:

As the saying goes "practice make it slightly easier!" Something like that anyway:o

Oh, and yes I do love this VC-10, I suppose I could look into it a bit more but I was able to do the flight just in Ctrl+E mode not even using the AP.

Well done to JF for thinking of us lesser knowledgeable types.:P

LOL! :lol:.

Yes, I remember now, some great freeware by David Maltby -

http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/

Archived