Old Shakey is alive and well.

VH-KDK

One of the 50's planes I have always had a soft spot four is the C-124 Globemaster II

On our trips down to Spain in the early 60 we passed the USAF base at Chateauroux which for me was a great highlight.

The C-124 was one of the many types I can remember seeing there.

1.MC1.jpg

Taking off from Monterry but the weather is not conducive for a sight seeing trip.

2.MC2.jpg

The TW sound set makes the C-124 sound beautiful.

4.MC3.jpg

So great to be able to see these amazing old planes in the air again!

Luckily the JK C-124 was recently made available for P3DV2 and it works very well in V4.0

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing isn't it?  Triple decks! 

It was a cavernous plane Jack, quite a step up from the transport planes before it!:)

Maybe it should have been in a Harry Potter Movie

What a waste of two RTs.:angry:

300px-Knight_Bus_3.jpg

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Yep, that's what happens when you eat to much! :lol:

Seriously though, great to see the C-124 here Martyn ;).

I hope you are referring  to the plane and not me Paul.:o

So happy to be flying this in P3DV4 and I do wish that they would redo some more of JKs planes so they could be used not in just FSX.:P

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Martyn, but a note to the designers of that plane: why do planes have to look that ugly?

Thanks Bernd, I think it looks beautiful Bernd although I must admit I am not too keen on ladies that look like this!:huh::o:ph34r::lol:

These planes were designed just to do a job which was to carry as much cargo and as big as possible.

A monumental step up from types like the gliders and Me 323s that were used before this.

13 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Martyn. You're right it's nice to see these great old birds. She was an amazing piece of technology. She is a beaut bloated and all.:D

Thanks Karl, she was built for a purpose and was a great step up in the late 40s.:)

10 hours ago, stewart1 said:

What super set of screen shots Martyn and another nice old aircraft and fond memories of you trips to Spain like my self  but mine more recent regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, well over 50 years ago now but I can still remember a lot of it.:)

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What's an RT?

Jack, the RT, A.E.C. Regent III, was the standard London bus after the war although 151 pre war RT 1s were built.

Post war  4674 were built until 1954 along with 500 8 ft wide RTWs and 1631 Leyland Titan RTLs making 6956 of the family produced for London Transport.

The last one finished service in 1979.

I used to travel on there buses a lot when I lived in Surrey.

If you haven't of realised this, I am interested in old buses as well as aircraft!:lol:

22 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Jack, the RT, A.E.C. Regent III, was the standard London bus after the war although 151 pre war RT 1s were built.

Post war  4674 were built until 1954 along with 500 8 ft wide RTWs and 1631 Leyland Titan RTLs making 6956 of the family produced for London Transport.

The last one finished service in 1979.

I used to travel on there buses a lot when I lived in Surrey.

If you haven't of realised this, I am interested in old buses as well as aircraft!:lol:

So when I went to London just about every weekend from 1982 to 1985 and rode on the cool red double-deckers which ones were I on?  I loved those things!

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

So when I went to London just about every weekend from 1982 to 1985 and rode on the cool red double-deckers which ones were I on?  I loved those things!

I would say that if they were the rear entrance ones with the open platform Jack they would have been the A.E.C Routemaster, RM class.  2876 were built between 1954 and 1968 and over 1200 are still in existence today!

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I would say that if they were the rear entrance ones with the open platform Jack they would have been the A.E.C Routemaster, RM class.  2876 were built between 1954 and 1968 and over 1200 are still in existence today!

Cool, thanks Martyn!

Archived