VH-KDK

Not knowing Germany that well I thought I was heading for Cologne.

1.lq1.jpg
It must be cold as we leave Gustorfer Hohe  ES94. Either that or someone should not have been smoking  in their tent!:o

2.lq2.jpg

Passing the 3 Lignite power plants we saw in a previous post.

3.lq3.jpg

A large chemical manufacturing site at Dormagen with both Bayer and Ineos having plants here.

4.lq4.jpg

Flying along the Mercatorstraße at Chorweiler

5.lq5.jpg

Approaching the Ford factory at Niehl

6.lq6.jpg

The waterworks at Bürrig.

7.lq7.jpg

Leverkusen Rheinbrücke

8.lq8.jpg

The Bayer Works by day.

9.lq9.jpg

Also by night.

10.lq10.jpg

Flying down Düsseldorfer Straße

11.lq11.jpg

Mülheim Brücke.

12.lq12.jpg

Colonia Haus at Köln.

Oh well I didn't realise I was going to Leverkusen but the next post from this series will be from Köln.

An area awash with POIs and other interesting features along the Rhine.

7 minutes ago, BradB said:

Smoke em , if you gotta em comes to mind after viewing these fine but hazy shots Martyn . :o:(:unsure::D

Cheers

John

Thank you John, I think the viz is pretty good considering all of the industry here.;)

I just hope that the acid rain doesn't melt my Mosquito before I land!:huh::o:ph34r:

Well Martyn you have done it again what a fantastic set of screen shots and once again it looks like you had a very interesting flight with plenty of now how on the different places

along your way .

years ago I use to go to   Leverkusen when I went to Germany to a haulage company with groupage it looks like the surrounding area has really changed since the  days when

I went there years ago  regards stewart

Amazing industry tour, martyn, and I can just join my pre-commentators: Great POI finds here, with all being identified & commented. And those fine bridges here, I swear Jack will enjoy them when he is back from OZ.

The only confusing thing to me is your post title. I was expecting the Ruhrgebiet´s icon named 04 :blink::D:

82199_toptease_article_desktop.jpg

7 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Amazing industry tour, martyn, and I can just join my pre-commentators: Great POI finds here, with all being identified & commented. And those fine bridges here, I swear Jack will enjoy them when he is back from OZ.

The only confusing thing to me is your post title. I was expecting the Ruhrgebiet´s icon named 04 :blink::D:

Absolutely!  Bridges, who doesn't love a challenge?  Why have 'em if you're not gonna fly under 'em.  I was born too late, I should have been a barnstormer in the 1930's. :lol:

11 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Well Martyn you have done it again what a fantastic set of screen shots and once again it looks like you had a very interesting flight with plenty of now how on the different places

along your way .

years ago I use to go to   Leverkusen when I went to Germany to a haulage company with groupage it looks like the surrounding area has really changed since the  days when

I went there years ago  regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, I do enjoy learning as I go along but these posts do take a while to put together.:huh:

There is so much industry in Germany and Leverkusen is no exception.:)

Yes, everywhere appears to change Stewart, not only the buildings but also the people.:D

8 hours ago, Stillwater said:

82199_toptease_article_desktop.jpg

Thanks Gerold and I am glad you enjoyed this part of my flight.:)

Looks like you have pre-empted my next post!:rolleyes:

I must admit I had only heard the of the football club here as Bayer Leverkusen but when reading their history I see that they also can have the 04 in their name referring to their year of foundation. The Bay Arena is not covered as a POI however. Maybe it was put by the sea by mistake!:o

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Absolutely!  Bridges, who doesn't love a challenge?  Why have 'em if you're not gonna fly under 'em.  I was born too late, I should have been a barnstormer in the 1930's. :lol:

Plenty of them here Jack but now there will be no surprise for you in my next post of the area.:(

Archived