Tamworth to Port Macquarie in a yellow Texan

Jack Sawyer

Made this flight today, took me a while to get there, this plane can be a little slow.

We start our flight in this immaculate hangar, the hangars I've worked in are usually pretty oily.

vTBnLNC.jpg

Invisible pushback

gxkdk5P.jpg

Let's start the engine, lots of backfires, no idea why.

atGsaqp.jpg

Love the Qantas logos.

PU3jpyl.jpg

Nice old brick tower, I like it.

tyK8osp.jpg

And a very nice easy to use terminal.

U5iLFfB.jpg

LbHFpW4.jpg

A quick stop for some food...

dKIWtK4.jpg

PjCKG8l.jpg

So cool!

3RxIxQQ.jpg

Ready to rumble and backfire!

s7HIcko.jpg

mXu6aQb.jpg

I dropped my cookies, I need to have them fall to the canopy

Qi9wXdk.jpg

Got 'em!

zJO2Wie.jpg

KESP9ZM.jpg

Why did I have the urge to do this?

itgO5Uh.jpg

UZaN5L8.jpg

Australia is beautiful to be sure!

Khnz7Lu.jpg

vJAKMBW.jpg

And why did I do this???

fU1fbee.jpg

Oh, I know, I wanted a good close up of the trees!

oebJIH5.jpg

Back to "normal", well for me anyway.

FMMXHGV.jpg

Heidi parachuted in!

Yv2h08O.jpg

X3NxGMh.jpg

mWXktQl.jpg

Easy peasy!

MMrEt1a.jpg

9zHXanp.jpg

Thanks for coming along

fYdaWCP.jpg

The Texan is starting to be my go to bird ; she can go fast , upside down , right side up plus she maneuvers very good at slow speed's . Enough about me , lets talk about this post of yours Jack . For me it ticks all the boxes : very sharp images , very colorful and of course all of the death defying maneuvers that you throw in for good measure . Good on ya my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

4 minutes ago, BradB said:

The Texan is starting to be my go to bird ; she can go fast , upside down , right side up plus she maneuvers very good at slow speed's . Enough about me , lets talk about this post of yours Jack . For me it ticks all the boxes : very sharp images , very colorful and of course all of the death defying maneuvers that you throw in for good measure . Good on ya my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  And yellow, you forgot yellow :P.

I find it to be a very wobbly, squirrely plane, and I neglected to balance my tanks so I was almost dry in the right wing!  What a maroon!

I do like it a lot though but it's a handful.  Does your's backfire like mine does?

52 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John!  And yellow, you forgot yellow :P.

I find it to be a very wobbly, squirrely plane, and I neglected to balance my tanks so I was almost dry in the right wing!  What a maroon!

I do like it a lot though but it's a handful.  Does your's backfire like mine does?

Yellow , what yellow . :rolleyes::D I have not noticed the back firing yet . Maybe you have some contaminated fuel . :o:(:D

John

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Yellow , what yellow . :rolleyes::D I have not noticed the back firing yet . Maybe you have some contaminated fuel . :o:(:D

John

Thanks John but I wonder how I get rid of contaminated fuel in the hangar with this A2A plane?  You don't see any yellow?  I's yellow I tell ya. :D

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Excellent array of images Jack, you done good my friend! :)

Thanks Adam!

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent shots and story Jack! :). The Harvard looks great in your shots and that is one of my favourite schemes for it (honestly). 

Thanks Paul!  I like it too but specifically wanted yellow for this flight.  I have some other very shiny liveries I like too.

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

WOnderful set Jack with some exciting manoeuvres.

Beautiful scenery viewed from all angles.

Mine does backfire so we are both doing something right or wrong!

Thanks Martyn, I couldn't resist.  So we both get backfires, ok, I wonder why?  I might have to look in the manual.

46 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots Jack, I enjoyed looking at them!!!!!!!

Thanks John!

12 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots Jack well you lived up to reputation  number 1 inverted flyer it will cost a lot for your insurance .

And  keep up the good work and may be it is because you have a yellow plane it gives you the urge regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!  I dunno, Gerold fling through that ship was some pretty good flying!  But my insurance company company insists I have to do so many per month of my "Bob Hoover" discount goes away! :P  Yeah, yellow makes me do odd things! :lol:

What a fantastic post, Jack:

First you show us the beauty of Tamworth in detail, together with the totally correct statement that terminals should be easy to use for us (paxes or pilots).

Then you drop your cookies and pick them up with that kind of creativity & humor we like.

Finally some powerful aerobatics, a qualified copilot & a successful landing.

What else do we need?

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

What a fantastic post, Jack:

First you show us the beauty of Tamworth in detail, together with the totally correct statement that terminals should be easy to use for us (paxes or pilots).

Then you drop your cookies and pick them up with that kind of creativity & humor we like.

Finally some powerful aerobatics, a qualified copilot & a successful landing.

What else do we need?

Well, I reckon those are mighty kind words Gerold!

Thank you!

It was so much fun to do this flight.

I agree on terminals, some are a real nightmare to get around in.  Like KATL, you could easily get lost and spend years getting out.

All we need is you John and Martyn flying in formation and it would be nice.  Well, Stewart, Andy, Adam, and well all of us flying together would be cool!

Archived