To LOWI in the XP-56

andy1252

Finally got some flying time. Came out of Munich, but weather a bit grim so screenshots don't start until we're quite a way towards the mountains. I really rather like this XP-56 - it's fun to fly, has a great cockpit view, and really feels like it's zipping along.

stNJQIQ.jpg

xtozoqG.jpg

JB8atUu.jpg

Tk4TgLl.jpg

oCZHfNh.jpg

afSRH4y.jpg

Side on is not its best view, particularly with the wheels down - it really shows its stubbiness. In flight though, and from other angles, I think it's really rather pretty!

7lBq8fY.jpg

eaOhiPH.jpg

GU9YWDR.jpg

cBCilxH.jpg

Somewhere down the line I hope to teach myself how to repaint, and I will definitely get myself a personalised XP-56!

On 11/13/2017 at 1:46 PM, mikee said:

Very Nice Shots Andy ! I like the plane a lot !

Thanks, Mikee, and I heartily recommend the XP-56. I'd have happily paid commercial money for it, and yet it's freeware.

On 11/13/2017 at 3:16 PM, BradB said:

Wow - What great color Andy , gloomy day or not . These shots really shine

Thanks John, I do find the weather adds a lot of atmosphere, if you'll pardon the pun.

21 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Loved them all Andy, it looks like a mashup of a Gee-Bee!

Cheers, Jack, and wouldn't this be a buzz if it had all the Gee-Bee type repaints available!

23 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Andy! Good to see you posting! :)

Cheers, Paul. Had a busy spell, and probably got another one coming up, but it is nice to get some sim-time in right now

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

reminds me of April in England

And that reminds me of the time I was at a car hire desk in LAX one trip, and the guy on the counter heard my accent and said, apparently quite seriously, - "hey, you're English! Do you know Dave, in London?" I forget my actual reply (but remember several of the ones that passed through my mind)

13 hours ago, adambar said:

Cute little thing Andy, great shots! :)

Ain't she just, Adam? and thanks!

Archived