Testing my new ENVTEX + ENVSHADE - departing ORBX KSUN.

scottb613

Hi Jack,

Well - yeah - now that TOGA combined ENVTEX and ENVSHADE under a parent program called ENVDIR (free with purchase) - ENVSHADE only has two options: 

• High Performance Shader
  • High Quality Shader

High Performance shown as with my i2700K - no interest in pushing the limits with High Quality...

It's just an added line item to the old ENVTEX interface - on or off...

I'm just moving to P3Dv4 now - so with the additional expense - a $5.00 shader solution seemed pretty good...

Overall - seems well worth the price... Maybe I'll switch down the road but for now it looks good - way way better than default...

Inverted - LOL - I'm trying to keep my pilots license...

:P

Regards,

Scott

Makes sense to not want to lose your license Scott.

As for the TOGA stuff, I bought ENVTEX right when it came out but didn’t like the interface as it was confusing to me, but this was very early beta at the time so I’m going to see if I can find some YT’s that compare it to PTA.

It has to have improved dramatically since then.

Hi Folks,

Thanks guys...

Hi Stewart,

Yeah - my weather cocktail is AS4 + ASCA + ENVTEX + ENVSHADE... I think AS4 overrides any settings and controls the weather without changing the settings in the sim... I use the ASCA for clouds and ENVTEX loads its sky textures into ASCA allowing dynamic selection... I'm pretty happy with the weather I'm seeing...

Hi Jack,

There is a brand new version of ENVTEX (multi gigabit download) that came out last week so everything plays nice - check your vendor for the update... It's a complete replacement of the old - but the interface is much the same... I just load the textures once and pretty much forget about it...

Regards,

Scott

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks guys...

Hi Stewart,

Yeah - my weather cocktail is AS4 + ASCA + ENVTEX + ENVSHADE... I think AS4 overrides any settings and controls the weather without changing the settings in the sim... I use the ASCA for clouds and ENVTEX loads its sky textures into ASCA allowing dynamic selection... I'm pretty happy with the weather I'm seeing...

Hi Jack,

There is a brand new version of ENVTEX (multi gigabit download) that came out last week so everything plays nice - check your vendor for the update... It's a complete replacement of the old - but the interface is much the same... I just load the textures once and pretty much forget about it...

Regards,

Scott

I am using exactly the same set up as Scott. I have ASCA set to Global dynamic and it injects the clouds from ASCA and the sky textures from ENVTEX according to the actual weather from AS4. I am very happy with this set up.

Greg

11 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks guys...

Hi Stewart,

Hi Jack,

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Scott I was thinking last night about it over riding what you have set when you start are you only using envdir regards stewart

Thanks Folks...

Hi Stewart,

With ENVDIR - you get the old ENVTEX interface - every option has an on/off switch so you can decide which textures you want replaced... So if you - for example - have a better water texture that you don't want replaced - just turn the switch off for that... I hope I am answering your question...

Regards,
Scott

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Thanks Folks...

Hi Stewart,

With ENVDIR - you get the old ENVTEX interface - every option has an on/off switch so you can decide which textures you want replaced... So if you - for example - have a better water texture that you don't want replaced - just turn the switch off for that... I hope I am answering your question...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks  Scott just done a flight with envdir had no problems at all I did not use  envtex I think it looks pretty good result my self regards stewart 

Archived