717 in OF2 Beta

Jack Sawyer

P3Dv4.1 - All Orbx, FTX Beta, Global, N/A LC, Vector, Trees, CRM, TFDi 717, AS4, REX, PTA

Flew from Bozeman to Yellowstone.  Still have a lot to learn about this CDU though.  But, no problem sin these two airports happy to say! :)

nyFG2p0.jpg

OywYoni.jpg

ORchnO9.jpg

LdYmsBN.jpg

w00GVeq.jpg

BFUGLz7.jpg

Klrp9oN.jpg

XT1Znwt.jpg

aKme2MM.jpg

kQtbfq8.jpg

PPOyckA.jpg

bqqfQGV.jpg

Fubi2IA.jpg

AWVM38I.jpg

kPSTZSA.jpg

DRXNmhz.jpg

A3h5JtZ.jpg

1 minute ago, flyingleaf said:

Beautiful shots Jack. Crisp and clear. Lovely scenery. 

Thanks Karl!  I forgot how beautiful this area is.  And wanted to test my new "Angry Puppy", no idea why they call it this, maybe a derivative of the "Mad Dog" of MD-88 fame?  Prolly.

48 minutes ago, magic1 said:

Very nice Jack

Thanks Magic!

16 minutes ago, BradB said:

I just knew you were going to buy the 717 Jack , now you just need a yellow livery . B):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

:lol: John my friend, you can read me like a book!  Yep, after seeing Paul flying it with DAL's livery I had to get it.  It's about 90% study level so it'll work, and it's a HUGE learning curve.  Nothing like the FMC's on the NGX, 747, or 777.

I couldn't find a yellow livery sadly.  :(

But, I thought it would be ideal to test OF2 with a flight from Bozeman to Yellowstone and I can HAPPILY say that both airports look terrific and work perfectly in OF2.  So I still have a lot more to test out but gosh almighty am I glad I went into the OF2 beta program.  Orbx rocks!

39 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Magic!

:lol: John my friend, you can read me like a book!  Yep, after seeing Paul flying it with DAL's livery I had to get it.  It's about 90% study level so it'll work, and it's a HUGE learning curve.  Nothing like the FMC's on the NGX, 747, or 777.

I couldn't find a yellow livery sadly.  :(

But, I thought it would be ideal to test OF2 with a flight from Bozeman to Yellowstone and I can HAPPILY say that both airports look terrific and work perfectly in OF2.  So I still have a lot more to test out but gosh almighty am I glad I went into the OF2 beta program.  Orbx rocks!

Yep it's too bad that DHL does not fly the 717's . :rolleyes::D

John

PS - Did you ever get the Natural Dayz PTA preset to work in PTA 2.60 and LM 4.1 ?

John

53 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set from your flight Jack.

Good luck in learning how to operate this one.

That 717 is a beautiful plane, QF have 20 of them and they make a great change from the 738s and A320s at YMML!:)

Thanks Martyn, yeah, this one is a poser.  Quite unlike a Boeing jet, I mean "technically" it's a Boeing jet.

I used to work a lot of 88's and an infrequent 717.  Trivia, if you ever board an MD-88 or a 717 and look at the door sill and see the silver metal tag riveted into the side and read it you'll still see DC-9, because they're ALL based on the original DC-9 frame, every last MD-80 all the way up to the 717.  Boeing bought MD and just turned it into a 717.  It has high bypass engines which are extremely quiet compared to those raucous JD-8D's on the 88's.  It has a glass cockpit but it's all still a glorified MD-88.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, yeah, this one is a poser.  Quite unlike a Boeing jet, I mean "technically" it's a Boeing jet.

I used to work a lot of 88's and an infrequent 717.  Trivia, if you ever board an MD-88 or a 717 and look at the door sill and see the silver metal tag riveted into the side and read it you'll still see DC-9, because they're ALL based on the original DC-9 frame, every last MD-80 all the way up to the 717.  Boeing bought MD and just turned it into a 717.  It has high bypass engines which are extremely quiet compared to those raucous JD-8D's on the 88's.  It has a glass cockpit but it's all still a glorified MD-88.

I don't think I will ever get on one Jack as I don't ever, I mean ever fly Qantas.:lol:

Interesting story with the tag though.

Didn't realise they had RR engines either.:huh:

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! :). That's a great flight between two very fine airports. Nice 717 ;).

Thanks Paul!  I agree, they're very nice and I don't know if I've ever flown to them in this season.  The 717?  Yeah!

5 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

5 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Well done Jack looking good  regards stewart

Thanks you Stewart!

1 hour ago, Der Flieger said:

Nice screenshots there!

May I ask which cloud textures and weather Add-On you are using in those shots?

Thanks kind sir, I'm using AS4 with ASCA, the ASCA theme is "Discovery".

17 minutes ago, Der Flieger said:

Thanks for the reply! Looking fantastic...seems like I'll have to get ASCA then. ;)

You're welcome Der Flieger!  Yes, well worth it.

6 minutes ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Superb series, Jack, and a lovely new bird in the hangar...

cheers

Thorsten

Thanks Thorsten!  It's a splendid little bird, I love the nickname, "Angry Puppy". 

Archived