Catalina with two different presets

Jack Sawyer

P3D v4.1 - Orbx Global, Vector, Southern California L/C, NA L/C, Catalina, Trees, OF2 beta, AS4, REX sky set 02, REX preset 2 in first set of shots.  Matt Davies' preset in second set with the Beaver.

mHLGVaV.jpg

j7DOtHX.jpg

e5UKthM.jpg

9dEOrZ2.jpg

1ZvYkaC.jpg

1tTGetz.jpg

nf60Ntb.jpg

PRiWH5R.jpg

Hy2GCby.jpg

h4k14Zf.jpg

B4ZpFiz.jpg

6oF9Lza.jpg

z6mCaSa.jpg

dt9KXyS.jpg

6wZl4B9.jpg

9iC0kZk.jpg

tXFfMBe.jpg

kqAlAlF.jpg

8lKtMV0.jpg

ALGtr8N.jpg

RjIEaIN.jpg

ODFp8Vw.jpg

J4OXero.jpg

Lo3aWcG.jpg

7Oovyyf.jpg

Great shots Jack :). Not sure which I prefer really. Probably the second set with the Beaver?

Good to see that you found the lady in red in your last shot. She did seem to disappear when Gerold went on holiday............;):lol:

8 minutes ago, Ticker7 said:

Nice set of shots Jack quite impressive ;-)

Thanks kind sir!

3 minutes ago, BradB said:

Both look very good Jack , I guess the first preset would get my vote . REX preset 2 - Where did you get this from ? .

Cheers

John

Thanks John.  REX has a set of 23 different presets.  You match their sky colors to the preset number and off you go.  

3 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Some very nice ones there Jack. Quite different presets, although the time of day may be affecting things quite a bit... the top ones look a lot cooler.

Thanks Mark, I think it was the same time of day.  You're right they do look cooler, I liked it but a bit dark for me and the water doesn't look quite right.  I wish I knew how to make water a little more greenish gray in PTA.  Maybe someday I'll find out how to do it.

3 minutes ago, paulb said:

Great shots Jack :). Not sure which I prefer really. Probably the second set with the Beaver?

Good to see that you found the lady in red in your last shot. She did seem to disappear when Gerold went on holiday............;):lol:

Thanks Paul!  I like that pretty lady, it's real nice to have all my airpots in v4.1 now with OF2 beta.  

2 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

What a super set of screen shots Jack I like them all is she in the red dress looking for Martyn regards stewart

Thanks Stewart.  :lol:  Yup, she's calling him and asking where he is as she has some aircraft parts he ordered.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks kind sir!

Thanks John.  REX has a set of 23 different presets.  You match their sky colors to the preset number and off you go.  

Thanks Mark, I think it was the same time of day.  You're right they do look cooler, I liked it but a bit dark for me and the water doesn't look quite right.  I wish I knew how to make water a little more greenish gray in PTA.  Maybe someday I'll find out how to do it.

Thanks Paul!  I like that pretty lady, it's real nice to have all my airpots in v4.1 now with OF2 beta.  

Thanks Stewart.  :lol:  Yup, she's calling him and asking where he is as she has some aircraft parts he ordered.

Thanks John.  REX has a set of 23 different presets.  You match their sky colors to the preset number and off you go.   I thought it was about a PTA 2.60 preset , I understand now . :unsure::D

John

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

Thanks John.  REX has a set of 23 different presets.  You match their sky colors to the preset number and off you go.   I thought it was about a PTA 2.60 preset , I understand now . :unsure::D

John

It is John, you can go to REX's forums and download the zipped set, they're free.  You don't have to use their sky color sets.  But there's 23 different presets you can play with till you find a good one you like.  What strikes me with PTA is there is I would think, and infinite amount of combinations.  That's why I love seeing so many different screenshots, everyone has a different set of settings, makes for some very interesting viewing. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I wish I knew how to make water a little more greenish gray in PTA.

The colour is more effect by the texture than PTA, although you can alter the saturation and limpidity which will change the colouration somewhat. Certainly reducing the saturation will take the water in to the greys. Try some different REX water textures, although I'm not sure if Orbx regions use their own water.

The colour is more effect by the texture than PTA, although you can alter the saturation and limpidity which will change the colouration somewhat. Certainly reducing the saturation will take the water in to the greys. Try some different REX water textures, although I'm not sure if Orbx regions use their own water.

Thanks Mark, I tried them all, the REX water and they looked horrid on my PC.  I only use REX for sky colors and the ground textures at airports.  What is limpidity?  What specifically can I change in PTA to make the water color change?  If I have a starting point then I can fine tune.  Might take me all day with back and forth shader rebuilds but I'll get it right eventually.  Well, at least till there's a LM update.

21 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What is limpidity?  What specifically can I change in PTA to make the water color change?

Limpidity is the amount of influence the base texture has... higher values makes the colour lighter and more milky in my experience. Reflection coefficient will also make a difference as you get more sky colour influence in the water. Water Saturation is a lone setting in PTA and naturally making it lower will make the water greyer... I use 0.40 as I don't like the water too dark.

5bbfd43d52773d487e3753c0ed8cc672.jpg

27 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It is John, you can go to REX's forums and download the zipped set, they're free.  You don't have to use their sky color sets.  But there's 23 different presets you can play with till you find a good one you like.  What strikes me with PTA is there is I would think, and infinite amount of combinations.  That's why I love seeing so many different screenshots, everyone has a different set of settings, makes for some very interesting viewing. 

Wow - I just DL and I can't wait to play around with these . Thanks Jack for the heads up . :):)

John

Limpidity is the amount of influence the base texture has... higher values makes the colour lighter and more milky in my experience. Reflection coefficient will also make a difference as you get more sky colour influence in the water. Water Saturation is a lone setting in PTA and naturally making it lower will make the water greyer... I use 0.40 as I don't like the water too dark.

Gosh, thanks Mark!  I too can't wait to mess around with these settings!  Thank you so much, I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me! :)

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Wow - I just DL and I can't wait to play around with these . Thanks Jack for the heads up . :):)

John

You're welcome John!  Look forward to some of your various screens!

40 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Mark, I tried them all, the REX water and they looked horrid on my PC.  I only use REX for sky colors and the ground textures at airports.  What is limpidity?  What specifically can I change in PTA to make the water color change?  If I have a starting point then I can fine tune.  Might take me all day with back and forth shader rebuilds but I'll get it right eventually.  Well, at least till there's a LM update.

The other thing that I find Jack is that the sky texture seems to affect the colour of the water. It might sound odd, but it does seem to be the case. :unsure::)

I would say Matt's preset looks more natural, that's the one I use, the first set is to dark in my opinion, you can always turn the brightness down a tad in the FS graphic section. I guess it all depends on the look you like Jack. :)

I saw your post at avsim, I just use REX to change to a lighter blue and Envtex as well to change the water color.

1 minute ago, adambar said:

I would say Matt's preset looks more natural, that's the one I use, the first set is to dark in my opinion, you can always turn the brightness down a tad in the FS graphic section. I guess it all depends on the look you like Jack. :)

I saw your post at avsim, I just use REX to change to a lighter blue and Envtex as well to change the water color.

Hi Adam, I changed my REX skies to 5-6-5, lightened up the ground shadows, I don't want it to look like a total eclipse under clouds, and now all I need to do is figure out how to get the water the way I like it.  It's quite frustrating not knowing what some of these codes Matt used are.  As you saw, I'm desperate for help with the water colour.

Great set Jack, sky colour will always effect water colour, the water reflects the sky, so by adjusting the reflection coefficient you can increase the amount of sky colour reflected. I think I will try making my own water textures, I’ll let you know how it goes.

cheers mate

50 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Great set Jack, sky colour will always effect water colour, the water reflects the sky, so by adjusting the reflection coefficient you can increase the amount of sky colour reflected. I think I will try making my own water textures, I’ll let you know how it goes.

cheers mate

Thanks Ken!  How do I do this?  Through PTA?  If so what do I do?  And I really appreciate your help.

Archived