GES, Königsee

bernd1151

20 minutes ago, Sascha Normann said:

If your setting of the shaders intentional? The almost black ridge to the left look way darker than it's supposed to be. Particularly with the brightness of the trees standing out so much.

Good to know it isn't supposed to look like this. I am thinking about buying GES but this screenshot made me seriously doubt if I should.

2 minutes ago, J van E said:

Good to know it isn't supposed to look like this. I am thinking about buying GES but this screenshot made me seriously doubt if I should.

No, it's certainly not.

No offense to Bernd; I like the composition of your screenshot but there are certainly some unusual shader settings used I assume?

Bests,

Sascha

Thank you very much, gents

20 minutes ago, Sascha Normann said:

No offense to Bernd; I like the composition of your screenshot but there are certainly some unusual shader settings used I assume?

No worries, Sascha, I think it’s my PTA setting that needs to be adjusted. It has nothing to do with GES

Great shot Bernd and a beautiful old plane too.

8 hours ago, J van E said:

We all have our preferences with our settings but please don't judge GES on just one shot. There are many other posts on here that will give you an idea what it is like.:)

Hope that you will soon buy it, you will not be disappointed.;)

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Great shot Bernd and a beautiful old plane too.

We all have our preferences with out settings but please don't judge GES on just one shot. There are many other posts on here that will give you an idea what it is like.:)

I agree, from what little I saw it was stunning.  Must buy in my opinion for what it's worth.

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

No worries, just bought GES and after that added GEN to it (for half the price). I was in need of some new European scenery to fly above after flying above FTX Norway only for a few years. ;)

Here is my take on the lake. Looks okay although it's not exactly the most beautiful part of GES, I have to say. But er... I was wondering: in bernd's screenshot I am seeing things I don't see in mine...?! Like those rock textures in the distance but also the ground texture around the castle...?! And while skystar's ground textures around the castle look the same as mine the edge at the water on the left look different...?! There is a real edge (with stretched out textures) on his screenshots. So... what's happening here? Is bernd maybe using some additional scenery?

2017-10-2_20-5-9-103.jpg

14 minutes ago, J van E said:

Is bernd maybe using some additional scenery?

One reason for this can be that I use also Austria Professional HD, so there can be some influence, as the Austrian border is pretty close. That is maybe also the reason why my mountain side on the left of the picture still looks much darker than in your screenshot. Next time I fire up my P3D, I will de-activate the Austria scenery to see what happens

Just now, bernd1151 said:

One reason for this can be that I use also Austria Professional HD, so there can be some influence, as the Austrian border is pretty close. That is maybe also the reason why my mountain side on the left of the picture still looks much darker than in your screenshot. Next time I fire up my P3D, I will de-activate the Austria scenery to see what happens

Ah, that must be it! I am 100% certain that Austria scenery included Konigssee then! ^_^ That explains the differences. The trees also look totally different.

BTW Here is a picture more close to skystar's position, this time with fall/autumn textures. Forgot to raise the gear for this one LOL Anyway, the edge has no distortion here. (I am happy to say. ;) ) And this one is more prove that bernd's shot shows Austria Pro HD instead of GES. ;)

BTW Skystar, are you using PTA too? In most PTA shots I see things seem to look dark and harsh... But well, probably you all think my screenshots look bland and dull LOL

2017-10-2_20-27-51-112f0cd0.jpg

25 minutes ago, J van E said:

Ah, that must be it! I am 100% certain that Austria scenery included Konigssee then! ^_^ That explains the differences.

Here it becomes more obvious, Jeroen. The first one has it still active and the second one doesn’t

2017-10-2_20-52-43-501.jpg

2017-10-2_20-55-17-603.jpg

Archived