Run away, run away.

VH-KDK

They tell me that a man in a red dress is looking for me down under.

No, not down under on me but in Australia.

I thought it best to head north for safety but I will keep my whereabouts quiet as I know he will never find me where I am headed.

OLC EU, GEN, Trees, Vector, P3DV4, Project Airbus A320, REX TD EE, PTA, Adams Preset REX version.

1.sh1.jpg

Setting everything up at LFST Entzheim, Strasbourg.

2.sh2.jpg

Take off and passing Duppigheim and the A35.

3.sh3.jpg

A whole conglomeration of small towns including Dinscheim-sur-Bruch, Mutzig Molsheim and Dorlisheim

4.sh4.jpg

Mont Donon et La Petit Donon sur La Vosges Mountains.

5.sh5.jpg

Turning north and leaving the 836m high Chaume de Requival in the distance.

6.sh6.jpg

I can remember this feature from a flight along the Rhine a couple of years ago. Bingen am Rhein is on the southern edge of the Rheingau Range

7.sh7.jpg

Looking across to Wiesbaden and Mainz.

8.sh8.jpg

Aabach Stausee close to Bad Wunnenberg is prominent here.

9.sh9.jpg

Another, I know where I am moments, as we pass Minden and EDVY.

10.sh10.jpg

The chimney at Petershagen stands out as we turn for our destination.

11.sh11.jpg

Touching down at EDDV and a feeling of safety gives me great relief.

12.sh12.jpg

Time to depart and find a place to hide in Hannover. Gerold will never find me here!

Hope you enjoyed the flight.

Thanks Jack, it is all done by mirrors.

You might have noticed in my commentary that I actually came across a couple of places I recognised from previous flights.

My settings are nothing special. PTA with Adam's 2.54 (I think), REX TD but as you may remember no AS4.

I am very happy with the way it looks and I must admit I have not done too much fiddling around as I am in it for the flying experience more that being the next FS Van Gough. I would not cut my ears off though as then I wouldn't be able to see.

No, my hat would fall down over my eyes. 555

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Jack, it is all done by mirrors.

You might have noticed in my commentary that I actually came across a couple of places I recognised from previous flights.

My settings are nothing special. PTA with Adam's 2.54 (I think), REX TD but as you may remember no AS4.

I am very happy with the way it looks and I must admit I have not done too much fiddling around as I am in it for the flying experience more that being the next FS Van Gough. I would not cut my ears off though as then I wouldn't be able to see.

No, my hat would fall down over my eyes. 555

:lol:

Thanks Martyn, if you get a chance send me the very specific REX details.  I'm using Adam's next to last PTA, I think it's 2.53.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:

Thanks Martyn, if you get a chance send me the very specific REX details.  I'm using Adam's next to last PTA, I think it's 2.53.

Shall do but I think it is nearly time to make zeds so if I forget tomorrow please remind me.

And if you forget I will remind you to remind me.:lol::lol::lol:

6 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots Martyn you scenery looks very good I do not know but I think there is a man in a red dress on the top left hiding be very carful my friend

I will not tell anyone where you are  regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, glad you liked the set.

Also cheers for keeping my location secret, I think I am safe for a while.

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Wow! those are really super shots Martyn! :) I think that you have got your settings just right.

This is becoming a globe trotting adventure!  Will the man in the red dress find you? :ph34r::o:lol:

Thanks Paul, even I am amazed by the appearance of the shots.

I don't know where to run too next, it is now a very small world.

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

#3 says it all - land, plane and sky in perfect formation.  Tell us more about the man in the red dress - sounds kinky, even for OZ :).

Thank you OD, believe me Oz is not a kinky free country. There are many places in the once great country where if you dropped your wallet you would kick it to the end of the street and find a safe place to bend over and pick it up.:o:ph34r:

The man in the red dress may be a mythical creature, we are not to sure yet. Keep tuned in.:lol:

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

They tell me that a man in a red dress is looking for me down under.

No, not down under on me but in Australia.

I thought it best to head north for safety but I will keep my whereabouts quiet as I know he will never find me where I am headed.

Another, I know where I am moments, as we pass Minden and EDVY.

The chimney at Petershagen stands out as we turn for our destination.
Time to depart and find a place to hide in Hannover. Gerold will never find me here!

Indeed the feared man with the red dress won´t find you down under... but he will probably find where you headed!

I have to give you a huge compliment for the local informations, so helpful & instructive.

BTW: I have (in RL only)...

1. Been on the photo #9, because my office is there

2. Seen the chimney on #10, it is a local VFR mark even from my office.

3. Arrived in the city of your last shots safely, now laughing!

THANKS for this post !!!!

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Indeed the feared man with the red dress won´t find you down under... but he will probably find where you headed!

I have to give you a huge compliment for the local informations, so helpful & instructive.

BTW: I have (in RL only)...

1. Been on the photo #9, because my office is there

2. Seen the chimney on #10, it is a local VFR makr even from my office.

3. Arrived in the city of your last shots safely, now laughing!

THANKS for this post !!!!

Thanks Gerold, it just shows how accurate a lot of the scenery is.

The chimney at Petershagen really stood out.

There was a segment on the TV a while ago about this big factory at Minden, I think it was Chemische Werke Minden. I see so many places on the TV now and think, I have been there in the FS world!

Glad you have arrived home safely and I hope you have a great evening.

Just now, VH-KDK said:

TV a while ago about this big factory at Minden, I think it was Chemische Werke Minden

Point this to me! The Chemische Werke Minden were a predecessor of the factory I am working in.

With your fluent German you can read the history here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfried_PharmaChemikalien_Minden

Or you take the easier way: http://www.siegfried.ch/about-siegfried/locations/locations-detail/locations/show/Location/minden/

2 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Point this to me! The Chemische Werke Minden were a predecessor of the factory I am working in.

With your fluent German you can read the history here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfried_PharmaChemikalien_Minden

Or you take the easier way: http://www.siegfried.ch/about-siegfried/locations/locations-detail/locations/show/Location/minden/

Well it is a small world, incredible how one thing leads to another. My German is not too good at this early hour but I did look at the second post which was interesting and in my native tongue!

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Well it is a small world, incredible how one thing leads to another. My German is not too good at this early hour but I did look at the second post which was interesting and in my native tongue!

The photo on this link does have my office in it. A good view to the south with the Porta Wesfalica and the east with Buckeburg AB.

5 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

This evening turns so great with these fantastic posts and stories on the forum, I can´t even start simming.

And you are a vital part of that.

Thank you Gerold, I have had a job to keep up with all of this, it has been a hectic hour with all the messages and posts bouncing around.

Highly enjoyable.:)

2 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

The photo on this link does have my office in it. A good view to the south with the Porta Wesfalica and the east with Buckeburg AB.

Just looked on the Wikipedia link and seen the two photos. Interesting to see the railway going into the factory. That is one thing that strikes me flying around GEN, the number of railways there are.

Is that your office on the corner in the English link?

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nicely done Martyn!  How in the world do you do it?  I mean, how do you know where you are all the time?  

Also, what are your settings?  PTA, REX, all that?

Here are my REX settings Jack:-

Clouds/Effects, Set 16 wispy cirrus, 17 Cumulus, 14 (Lightning) vivid

Sky colours, Set 09 Panoramic, 21 Oceanic, 14 seascape.

Sun/effects Set 11

Water/Waves Set 09 Dark default, 16 Active

Airport (Lighting)Set 23, 05 Concrete 3.

Runway/Taxiway Set 06 Asphalt heavy, 12 Concrete heavy, 02 worn, 04 Asphalt taxiway, 04 Concrete, 02 Old.

I am using PTA with Adams preset 2.54(?).

Hope this helps, get in touch if you need to know any more:) 

5 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Here are my REX settings Jack:-

Clouds/Effects, Set 16 wispy cirrus, 17 Cumulus, 14 (Lightning) vivid

Sky colours, Set 09 Panoramic, 21 Oceanic, 14 seascape.

Sun/effects Set 11

Water/Waves Set 09 Dark default, 16 Active

Airport (Lighting)Set 23, 05 Concrete 3.

Runway/Taxiway Set 06 Asphalt heavy, 12 Concrete heavy, 02 worn, 04 Asphalt taxiway, 04 Concrete, 02 Old.

I am using PTA with Adams preset 2.54(?).

Hope this helps, get in touch if you need to know any more:) 

Thanks Martyn!

28 minutes ago, MZee1960 said:

A very nice and entertaining post,  Martyn !  Great colors in those pics !  

BTW ..... Your title reminds me of this Del Shannon hit,  from not that long ago .   :).  

Thanks MZee, glad you enjoyed it and a wonderful old song too.

Many times there are titles that remind me of songs, sometimes intended and sometimes not.:)

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Good Lord I am still running Martyn and Gerold and all of you guys. Lol hillarious. Looking at a red dress will never be the same again.:D:D

We didn't mean to scare you.

Glad we are making you laugh though.:lol:

17 hours ago, BradB said:

I will have nightmares now thinking of Gerold in a red dress . :angry::(:lol: Best post of the year Martyn !! .

Cheers

John

Sorry John. Perhaps a red wine before going to sleep neutralizes the fear?

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Yup, just imagine those hairy legs and knobbly knees.:lol:

Maybe better not.:o

What you prefer, mate: Hairy legs or beutifully shaved: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/real-madrid-marco-asensio-suffers-injury-shaving-legs-article-1.3493444 

I thought you aussies like the harder way, be it sheep or real football?

Archived