What traffic app are you using for P3D v4?

vegasjon777

UT Live is still in beta, but it's working great for me. Just read on the forums the little bugs it does have, which are few for me even the stops working at start up. I have it set to 50% for both GA and Airlines. Any more and it slows things down and believe me 50% is enough.

Another +1 for UTLive.

Although it's annoying that Virgin Australia is missing repaints in the current beta... but I guess one of  the "fun" aspects of Ultimate Traffic has always been searching for liveries and adding them.  

You might also want to get Edit Voicepack for v4. It will speed up the ATC talking, instead of the slow motion ATC, and add a few nice phrases. And if you want add more call signs. Just make sure they are compatible. 

Hi Cathy, have a look here:

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14653

If you had a version of UT2 then you have 33% discount.  I had an older version, ultimate traffic, on one of those drinks coasters we used to call 'DVDs' in a box in my loft somewhere so it will be full price for me - $45 US.  My last AI was Mytraffic6 which can be used in P3dv4 but I found it a little tricky to get set up for v3 and I'm not keen to hack about with it too much now, I'll be tetting UTLive.  Regards, Mark

Only get UTLive if you can live with the fact that you are unable to include additional flightplans for the moment. Or if you know how to add .bgl based traffic in addition to UTLive. For me, as I have a fully improved UT2 (with tons of repaints, new models, new airline flightplans), there is still no reason to switch to the Beta of UTLive. Just because UTLive finally displays traffic also over the ocean is not a good reason to me.

Just to bring another element into the discussion, I'm using PSXseeconTraffic which gives Live traffic within the sim (with a soon-to-be added function of historic traffic). 

Its not perfect, however it is constantly being improved and I am happier with it than with other traffic programs.

Pros:
Genuinely live traffic worldwide
No FPS hit

Use of any AI models

Generation of parked aircraft (using ai models instead of static aircraft)

10-minute demo mode

Cons:

It takes some time and more than 1 program to get the set up in the sim just right

Cost for data source (very recent increase)
Occasional heading or altitude errors due to dodgy data received from an individual aircraft
Windows 10 only

Haven't done a lot of flying since modifying P3DV4 to use UT2 but it seems to work fine. If you have it installed in FSX it's just a matter of modifying a couple of files so worth trying for sure. The reference above is what I used to get it working.

Larry

Archived