igu9aYr.jpg

and all sorts of other places along the way

UzYWmhb.jpg

V7YGpbB.jpg

wImC3a9.jpg

KQhC93r.jpg

6RprSFr.jpg

ORBX - the only way to travel!

I've just upped my memory to 32gb, so now I'll try increasing the texture draw distance and see how that goes. Soon have my REX textures back, and a bit more fiddling with PTA and then the world's my lobster! Who'd have thought it could all get to be this good?

13 hours ago, Turboarrow4 said:

A fantastic collection, Andy, very nice pics...

Thanks Thorten

13 hours ago, Jazzie said:

Stunning realism in some of those shots Andy.

Tooling around in something like the R66 and looking out at the scenery from a few hundred feet, it certainly feels that way a lot of the time. Not that I've ever actually done that for real, so I may be completely mistaken, but it fits my concept of how it should look, so that's good enough for me.

13 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

All of those shots are amazing. 

Glad you like 'em, Anthony

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Still chuckling with the lobster reference. Always think of Derek and Clive when I hear about lobsters

Hi Martyn, glad you like the pix. The lobster reference was more Del Boy. Did you ever get to see "Only Fools and Horses"? Don't know if that's post your move dahn under, or if it ever followed you down there. Never got on with Derek and Clive myself (bit too much like some of the folk I knew at the time <grin>)

11 hours ago, Wakashi said:

the last one is my fav!

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great random set but I agree with Roger, the last one is my fave!

Roger, Jack, I think that may well be mine too. Shame I can't remember where it was!

9 hours ago, magic1 said:

Very Nice!

Cheers, Magic!

8 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

To me, night is really hard to capture

Hi JJJ, and I agree. But dawn and dusk are great times to see some of this scenery

7 hours ago, Mickel said:

Very nice.  Where is the second to last one shot?

Cheers Mickel, and that one is Bilbao, I think

7 hours ago, adambar said:

They are all beauties Andy, but the second shot is contest material! :)

Thanks Adam, and I must admit I do like the light in that one. Not so keen on the clouds though.

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Splendid set of shots.

Thanks Iain, hard to take a bad shot with some of this scenery (but not impossible, as I've found occasionally <grin>)

13 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Martyn, glad you like the pix. The lobster reference was more Del Boy. Did you ever get to see "Only Fools and Horses"? Don't know if that's post your move dahn under, or if it ever followed you down there. Never got on with Derek and Clive myself (bit too much like some of the folk I knew at the time <grin>)

That is one of the series I want to catch up on that I have never seen.

Did Reggie Perrin a couple of years ago along with some Norman Wisdom movies, guess I am a bit slow here in the bush.:)

2 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Really excellent set, we appear to have turned a huge corner with v4 & 64bit... I have also been pondering going from 16 to 32gig of ram...is it showing any promise on the autogen draw distance front at all Andy?

Hi Cap'n, thanks for the kind comments. These were all with 16gb, and I haven't reset for the extended draw distance yet so can't really comment on that. It does feel a bit snappier generally, but I've got no science to back that up. I was also thinking about XP11, as I have that and can't support the really high res mesh without 32gb in place. Not that I've even bothered to startup XP for a couple of months now. Way too much fun here in ORBX world (and as I've not really got to grips with XP I'm still stuck mostly with the default scenery, and I'm most definitely not a fan of that look).

Archived