P3D V4 TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 + HDR + My SweetFX experience.

FILOU

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Wonderful!

Thank John.It is because of you and your team that you get this delightful result and of course this magic P3D V4.My SweetFX settings refines the whole.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This.  Is.  Incredible!  Well done FILOU!  I'm blown away by the quality and clarity.  Someday I hope to be able to do this.

Thank Jack.You already show us beautiful shots!I will post soon my settings you will be able to try them.

Can you fly for longer times with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 and a GTX 970? Don't you get problems with the VRAM running full?

In his video Jordan King stated that for a stable run with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 you'd need at least 10 GB of VRAM (1080Ti, TitanX), for TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 at least 8 GB (1080, 1070).

1 minute ago, Vora said:

Can you fly for longer times with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 and a GTX 970? Don't you get problems with the VRAM running full?

In his video Jordan King stated that for a stable run with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 you'd need at least 10 GB of VRAM (1080Ti, TitanX), for TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 at least 8 GB (1080, 1070).

I have I7 4790k,24 GB Memory, GTX 1080 and it's smooth like silk.

3 minutes ago, FILOU said:

I have I7 4790k,24 GB Memory, GTX 1080 and it's smooth like silk.

Okay, having a 1080 as well I'll try to raise my TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP from 9 to 10 and see what happens.

BTW, you should update your signature. That's why I assumed that you have a 970 ;)

Just now, Vora said:

Okay, having a 1080 as well I'll try to raise my TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP from 9 to 10 and see what happens.

BTW, you should update your signature. That's why I assumed that you have a 970 ;)

The only problem i have with the  TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 it is the very Much longer loading time...

Thank you for reminding me of my signature update:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Walter Almaraz Roca said:

Real pics are not allowed! :P Just joking, nice preset, looks very realistic! :)

Thank!

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Splendid shots indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thank lain

16 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well my friend, I am getting envious! :)

The detail in your shots is fantastic!  Great work!

Thank! Don't be envious your sim can look the same.

Just now, FILOU said:

Thank! Don't be envious your sim can look the same.

Thank you my friend. I just need the courage to put a new sim on my pc. I know that (IMHO) P3D V4 is the future - so I must make that step.

2 minutes ago, paulb said:

Thank you my friend. I just need the courage to put a new sim on my pc. I know that (IMHO) P3D V4 is the future - so I must make that step.

Take the time you need and when you can... do it !

22 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

Well I'm looking hard for which config file to modify and I cannot find this entry.

Kindly point to the right file please!

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

10 minutes ago, FILOU said:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

And of course I "Googled" it too just before you replied (should have checked first, sorry). Thank you for the "heads up" as they say.

I have taken about a 20 FPS hit but I have everything maxed out at 4K, incl. all AA etc. I have to say the Sim looks different - much more depth. Can't wait for ORBX to enable the rest of the Vectors etc files.

For reference to others:

twin 980ti in SLI

Haswell 6 core at 4.3mhz

32 GB RAM 2600

Asus X99A MoBo

48 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

And of course I "Googled" it too just before you replied (should have checked first, sorry). Thank you for the "heads up" as they say.

I have taken about a 20 FPS hit but I have everything maxed out at 4K, incl. all AA etc. I have to say the Sim looks different - much more depth. Can't wait for ORBX to enable the rest of the Vectors etc files.

For reference to others:

twin 980ti in SLI

Haswell 6 core at 4.3mhz

32 GB RAM 2600

Asus X99A MoBo

For be honest 20 FPS It is not enough to have fun and SLI is not the best solution.Can you send me in private message your settings of P3D

I'm sure you can get better FPS! Put all the sliders to the maximum it is one thing but to settle them intelligently it is another thing.

32 minutes ago, FILOU said:

For be honest 20 FPS It is not enough to have fun and SLI is not the best solution.Can you send me in private message your settings of P3D

I'm sure you can get better FPS! Put all the sliders to the maximum it is one thing but to settle them intelligently it is another thing.

Ah sorry - I took a 20 FPS "hit", not running the sim at 20FPS. My FPS before this tweak was around 70 FPS - now down to around 45-50.

16 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

Ah sorry - I took a 20 FPS "hit", not running the sim at 20FPS. My FPS before this tweak was around 70 FPS - now down to around 45-50.

Ok my English is not perfect:huh:Sometimes I do not understand everything...

Lovely stuff Filou! I seem to remember that back in the early days of SweetFX on here you had some settings that included sharpening the display. Are you doing that here? It certainly looks pretty crisp. I haven't gotten to PTA or ReShade yet in my conversion to v4, and I'm not sure which way I'll go yet.

17 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely stuff Filou! I seem to remember that back in the early days of SweetFX on here you had some settings that included sharpening the display. Are you doing that here? It certainly looks pretty crisp. I haven't gotten to PTA or ReShade yet in my conversion to v4, and I'm not sure which way I'll go yet.

Thank andy.I will soon publish all my P3D v4 and Sweetfx settings in the " Tips,Tricks & Technique section " 

Archived