1117 miles away....

This time I flew the Cheyenne, not yellow, around Hervey Bay and flew to YMYB, Maryborough, 14 miles away.

In this area, maybe it's my settings or something but I get a ton of those vertical spikes like I do in some areas of the PNW.  This time they were very numerous.  Anyone else get them?

Changed the sliders and they settled down a little.  Maybe it's from relocating and changing planes in the same session.

6ENoi1Q.jpg

jmwJfpQ.jpg

ZhNnufm.jpg

hbhuP32.jpg

CWymVKN.jpg

5SqyQbt.jpg

uIuIvIb.jpg

zm6oXpW.jpg

XHsuL9G.jpg

Turned off the weather so I didn't have to have a slideshow.

Back to Hervey Bay

UkpChuy.jpg

Hello!

M7hKhEN.jpg

GtUJFUq.jpg

5m3wmc4.jpg

IzJjOpv.jpg

mXHR9Iy.jpg

You guys did not want to see my landing.  I need some more time in this plane, she needs to be handled like a pro.

2IPZVNi.jpg

2a3cWTf.jpg

Very nice!

6xv2qda.jpg

Wonderful series Jack.

Beautiful scenery and a top plane to go with it.

A lot of my landings are pretty awful, nothing more frustrating than doing a long trip only to land half on the grass and half on the bitumen!

I'm not turning the weather off here as we have a huge storm brewing, if for some pyrotechnics!:)

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Not sure about your title Jack , did you fly 1117 miles or 14 miles . :rolleyes::D;)

Cheers

John

I forgot to add, it was 1117 miles from Murray Island on the GTN when I moved the plane.  That's a long way!

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Some great shots there Jack! :)

Thanks Paul!

5 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful series Jack.

Beautiful scenery and a top plane to go with it.

A lot of my landings are pretty awful, nothing more frustrating than doing a long trip only to land half on the grass and half on the bitumen!

I'm not turning the weather off here as we have a huge storm brewing, if for some pyrotechnics!:)

Thanks Martyn!  You would not want to se my GeeBee landing, well, they're not really landings but drops from a great altitude and bouncing merrily along the ground.

We're in the midst of a huge storm here too but all we're getting is rain.  I wanted t-storms as I love them but someone else always seems to get them.

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

In this area, maybe it's my settings or something but I get a ton of those vertical spikes like I do in some areas of the PNW.  This time they were very numerous.  Anyone else get them?

Great set Jack, and classic FTX country.

As for agn spikes... yes, I get them sometimes, if not often, and some areas seem to produce them more than others. I've always assumed its down to the density of agn and pushing my system too hard, but then I've flown over sparse places and have still seen them. I thought going from 2GB or VRAM to 6GB might have helped but it doesn't.... An oddity of the engine I guess.

1 minute ago, Mark Abdey said:

Great set Jack, and classic FTX country.

As for agn spikes... yes, I get them sometimes, if not often, and some areas seem to produce them more than others. I've always assumed its down to the density of agn and pushing my system too hard, but then I've flown over sparse places and have still seen them. I thought going from 2GB or VRAM to 6GB might have helped but it doesn't.... An oddity of the engine I guess.

Thanks Mark!  This area was really bad, really bad outside in spot view but even in the cockpit.  I thought I might even get a capture of one.  Am going to try it again when I get a chance.  I guess you're right, I get them in only certain areas too.  Here's hoping LM fixed all this in the hopefully soon to be released 64 bit version.  I drop everything for it.  I'll keep the 32 bit version but since Orbx is supporting it for free I'm all in on it as like I've said a million times, I want VAS and OOM banished from my vocabulary.

Don't know if I'll be doing much flying or buying tomorrow till evening.  AT&T is upgrading us to fiber so my internet will now be 10 times faster.  Can't wait to buy an Orbx on sale and see how fast it downloads!  But they're gonna take all day.

8 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Don't know if I'll be doing much flying or buying tomorrow till evening.  AT&T is upgrading us to fiber so my internet will now be 10 times faster.  Can't wait to buy an Orbx on sale and see how fast it downloads!

Enjoys that extra speed Jack... the temptation to buy more downloads will be very great :D

I too am hoping LM iron-out some of the remaining wrinkles in the next version.

Great tropical shots, Jack, you surely enjoy your recent purchases, but...

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I forgot to add, it was 1117 miles from Murray Island on the GTN when I moved the plane.

... don´t move too fast, digest the size & beauty of OZ. Ideally with a yellow plane...

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Great tropical shots, Jack, you surely enjoy your recent purchases, but...

... don´t move too fast, digest the size & beauty of OZ. Ideally with a yellow plane...

Thanks Gerold, I was just testing and having a look see.  Gonna make some flights in a little bit after some real world nonsense I have to finish up.

Archived