Night flight

Bermuda425

Nice Erik, I just broke my glasses :( and it's costing me a fortune I don't have to get new ones.  So it's difficult to see.  I'm wearing a four year old prescription which is so old I'm getting headaches from the fuzziness.  Won't see the new ones for 10 days!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 0:35 AM, BradB said:

Too dark for my old eyes , must be nice to have young fresh eyes . :o:(:D

Cheers

John

We really are a gathering of vintage gentleman here aren't we ;) Thanks a lot for looking John!

On 4/16/2017 at 0:35 AM, VH-KDK said:

Some great night time shots Erik.

I like your poster too, Happy Easter to you.

Thanks a lot Martyn! Keep us posted on your Thailand holiday, but most of all enjoy your time!

On 4/16/2017 at 0:52 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Erik, I just broke my glasses :( and it's costing me a fortune I don't have to get new ones.  So it's difficult to see.  I'm wearing a four year old prescription which is so old I'm getting headaches from the fuzziness.  Won't see the new ones for 10 days!  

Thanks for checking out the shots Jack! Do you get your new glasses these days? I expect all to go best for you!

On 4/16/2017 at 1:04 AM, jury42 said:

For me too!:(

Jury, I really love your rendition for better night time visibility. Thanks a lot!

On 4/16/2017 at 1:58 AM, Sammy H said:

A wonderful set, love night flying.

Thanks a lot for coming along Sammy! I wouldn't have though that flying at night can be just as fun as day VFR or even more.

On 4/16/2017 at 3:08 AM, paulb said:

Wow! Those are some serious night shots Erik! :)

Strange really, but apart from the last shot, the absence of visible autogen etc  brings back memories of flying earlier versions of FS.

Thanks so much Paul. He he he, would be a good fps improvement opportunity. Why have autogen if you don't see it anywaym but I had it set high :wacko: When moving the sliders I always remember that even on the sparse settings we have more autogen than in the early days.

On 4/16/2017 at 3:32 AM, dolf8857 said:

Very nice shots from your nightshift Bermuda!

Gotta get going, right Dolf?! Thank you very much for looking!

On 4/16/2017 at 3:40 AM, Iain Emms said:

Very nice.

cheers

Iain

Thanks for catching the flight with me Iain!

1 minute ago, Bermuda425 said:

Thanks for checking out the shots Jack! Do you get your new glasses these days? I expect all to go best for you!

Thanks Erik, I got them last Sunday but it only lasted an hour as I had to take them back.  I had like 1/32 on an inch to see at the bottom or reading.

So another ten days wait.  Such is life.

On 4/25/2017 at 8:46 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Erik, I got them last Sunday but it only lasted an hour as I had to take them back.  I had like 1/32 on an inch to see at the bottom or reading.

So another ten days wait.  Such is life.

Keep me posted until everything's resolved B) I guess you would fly like Jack from your comics if you flew without your good vision :)

But even with good vision flying can become challenging because of visual illusions especially dangerous without thorough pre-flighting.

On 4/25/2017 at 10:10 PM, adambar said:

Geez Erik, I can't see diddly squat, even without my glasses and my nose up to the monitor. :D  You need to lighten up bro. :D

Love the expression diddly squat! First time I heard it! Thanks for the funny comment! Night flying is really crazy, can't see the ground or anything except lights. Talking about black hole effect. Here's an interesting video that shows how dangerous flying at night can be because you don't see terrain:

Archived