Come fly with me!!!!! yea (RC winter flying)

Benny

I had fun today, and on my third flight I said, let's put a cam on that bird.

NO we didn't have much snow this winter  but we had a BIG one last week, temperature today was 5C, no real wind, beautiful sunny day, I had to share.

So I don't know, hope you like it

Ben

Beautiful, so I expect a helicopter view next time? I say that because I came across exceptional views

that Tim had taken with his helicopter, taken in a very rough but beautiful terrain in Australia.

JimNZ

Very cool Ben!  Look at all that snow, I haven't seen so much snow since I lived in Idaho.  What a great flight and you really know how to handle that plane.  I like flying my little electric R/C yellow Aeronca but this is much better.  

NRRRRrrrrrrrrrr 

I would love to get back into RC Aircraft again, unfortunately I eventually crashed everything I ever built and Flight Sim makes more economic sense. Great video as I used to love winter flying on the skis as well when I used to live in Ontario.

That was great, thanks!

RC flying is so much fun. I did it for a decade but when we moved "back east" there just weren't as many places to fly.

And how typical of all RC pilots, all that space and you still have to mess around flying just over the treetops and under the power lines.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Oldar said:

And how typical of all RC pilots, all that space and you still have to mess around flying just over the treetops and under the power lines.

Shutttttttttttttttttttt..... I'm messing up with Transport Canada new drone rules.... But IT'S NOT A DRONE ha ha ha. Those crazy news rules make UAV flying almost impossible.

C7C9LWuXAAMAfTV.jpg

I remember flying in a huge athletic field, but we still had to fly through the netless soccer goals lol.

Drones aren't as much fun as planes. For one thing they are way too easy to fly! Was the plane gas or electric?

RC Flyers have always been more careful and professional. Reason being is an RC Aircraft can start at $500 or more and can take weeks to months to build and get things right, you take care of that investment and breaks your heart when you crash.

Drone people buy a drone for under $500, take it out of the box and fly it pretty much right away. Yes it sucks when it crashes too but not quite the same

2 hours ago, Oldar said:

Drones aren't as much fun as planes. For one thing they are way too easy to fly! Was the plane gas or electric?

It's a small Electric one, foam made... not the best on water but perfect on snow.

It's the PBY Catalina reinforced for snow:

CMP-CP09-089-Kit-4.jpg

2 hours ago, Oldar said:

Drones aren't as much fun as planes.

Drone are boring unless you race the small 250mm class or film with them... that can be fun and somewhat a challenge to follow your subject.

Drone flown in LOS (Line Of Sight) are almost dangerous because you lose orientation very fast when to far....(trust me I got B) and use them for filming mostly.

I flew electrics too. The battery technology must be spectacular now. When I stopped LiPo's were just starting to take over from NiCads and nickel metal hydrides. 

I really envy you that field!

Archived