Relaxing seaplane flight

Jack Sawyer

Tonight I decided to do something different.  I flew from CAX6, Ganges to CAC8, Nanaimo.  Had been wanting to do this.  So I got in the Twin Otter, and made the 26 mile flight.  It was very scenic.

Orbx Global, Trees, PNW, CRM, AS16 on - and Adam's new PTA preset 21_11 which is very nice indeed.  Thanks Adam!

I took too many shots, sorry.  I just really loved the detail at Nanaimo.

I only saw one minor problem, at Nanaimo I had several boats that were all black.  Anyone know what might have caused this?  They were constant black, not that black you sometimes see before an object is drawn, they stayed black.

UKf9wRY.jpg

s6MW3Vs.jpg

eQnepX7.jpg

fV6vJtE.jpg

0Rug4DL.jpg

EqE1dMu.jpg

This scenery is some of Orbx's finest, it's gorgeous!

4Cta8FS.jpg

QwkLbdq.jpg

A72mnO6.jpg

ZaEr0NZ.jpg

CWy5wsH.jpg

CvSoDE8.jpg

x1ACMWg.jpg

VjGwfaP.jpg

aLomTQn.jpg

Man, I love the detail of this tanker.  Is that a hose or a rope?  It looks cool.

boAzPwd.jpg

And these shots coming up are amazing.  What a beautiful area.  makes me want to fly out for a visit in real life.

vt2x6Ef.jpg

By3r1IW.jpg

NfJRAWC.jpg

YBEJN6A.jpg

KjVPytT.jpg

GrdXdO5.jpg

1JAUInE.jpg

Here's the boats I was talking about.

dTrOCLQ.jpg

Ready for a new load of passengers.

2DKMOSQ.jpg

LT3I8gs.jpg

Hey!  You don't want that Beaver, fly on my Otter!

kJiRhRl.jpg

Outstanding series of shots Jack, a very scenic flight.

Be careful of the North Pacific Anaconda Jack. They lurk around boats disguised as ropes and hoses waiting for the unwary Twotter to alight on the water:ph34r::o:lol:

The boats at the jetty have not paid their mooring fees for a long time so they have been black banned:huh::blink::lol:

Great shots as always Jack. VH-KDK said it's an Anaconda but it really is our OKOPOGO from Kelowna Lake on a Holiday. But he's right beware of okopogo. Lol. As for the area of Nanaimo and all of Vancouver Island you're right it is a truly beautiful area "especially" the west coast. Cheers, Karl.

13 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Splashy series of caps for sure!

Thanks Erik!

12 hours ago, BradB said:

Yes , way to many shots Jack ; JV will have to buy more capacity on the "Cloud" . :rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

:lol:  Thanks John, I often wonder about that.

11 hours ago, mikewies said:

These shots are simply spectacular! Love the takeoffs and landings. The shots around  Nanaimo were the best!

Thanks Mike!  It really is a beautiful place.

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Outstanding series of shots Jack, a very scenic flight.

Be careful of the North Pacific Anaconda Jack. They lurk around boats disguised as ropes and hoses waiting for the unwary Twotter to alight on the water:ph34r::o:lol:

The boats at the jetty have not paid their mooring fees for a long time so they have been black banned:huh::blink::lol:

Thanks Martyn!  North Pacific Anaconda!  :lol:  No one else mentioned the black boats.  Is this normal, anyone else have them?

10 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots as always Jack. VH-KDK said it's an Anaconda but it really is our OKOPOGO from Kelowna Lake on a Holiday. But he's right beware of okopogo. Lol. As for the area of Nanaimo and all of Vancouver Island you're right it is a truly beautiful area "especially" the west coast. Cheers, Karl.

Thanks flyingleaf!  I'll have to look up what an OKOPOGO is, a snake I reckon?

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

6 hours ago, paulb said:

A really great series Jack :).  Good shots of the scenery. I too will sometimes fly between SPBs for a change.

Thanks Paul, yeah, one thing about seaplanes is you can have a nice tour and land anywhere, really good for exploring.

5 hours ago, mikee said:

Great Shots Jack ! I like The Scenery a lot !

Thanks Mike!

5 hours ago, Flying_Grandpa said:

Fantastic set

Thank you Flying Grandpa!

45 minutes ago, Kasi31 said:

Beautiful shots of your great trip!

Thanks Karsten!

Archived