Touring the mountains

Jack Sawyer

Still going from Orbx airport to Orbx airport on my continuing tour.

Was up early so I made a nice flight.

Orbx Global, Trees, Vector, both full fat regions, everything else off using SCE.  Summer, dawn, AS16 on, PTA 20_10 .  VAS and frames were amazing.  VAS monitor bar never went below 61% used.

Flew from KWYS to KJAC, landed approached and landed manually then TNG'd and used approach on my new and wonderful PC-12 from Carenado.  It was fun!

uUsbrEa.jpg

vopkN3M.jpg

LK8YrWi.jpg

VoB4fMx.jpg

M5ewGe3.jpg

VVlPGDM.jpg

j017So0.jpg

Isn't this beautiful?

caTgCZe.jpg

mb0KyHl.jpg

First approach then TNG.

Jg5Vpah.jpg

zw2IIeV.jpg

Now for another flight around the airport.

XmkUMf5.jpg

nEyzVty.jpg

dGm9z3A.jpg

Look at how detailed those mountains are.  Amazing.

odvUHe9.jpg

pfyKwX0.jpg

APR mode works flawlessly in this plane.  Loving it.

asbTS7W.jpg

y8hBpKH.jpg

wkjsuAX.jpg

6hBicvm.jpg

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Great set of views Jack, that mountain scenery is so picturesque.

Appears that you are getting the hang of your new plane and enjoying it so much.

Highly enjoyable isn't it!:)

Thanks Martyn!  Yeah, I wish I knew about this plane a while ago.  And yes, this pastime/hobby is very enjoyable.  Much more now that I have a good handle on VAS management with SCE.

4 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

Hi Jack, very nice screenshots. Thank you.

Best regards

Karoly

Thank you Karoly!  Glad you liked them.

3 hours ago, jury42 said:

Beautiful shots and scenery!

Thanks Jury!

53 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

34 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set Jack

Can you Cat III Autoland the PC-12??

If so, as it came, or did you throw in the GTN750?, or whatever it is you like to use?

TTM

Hi TTM, I'm not sure if it's rated for CAT III but I'm testing it now in SCA and VAS is high despite using SCE and shutting down cranes and containers.  Making several test flights now.  KLGB to KSAN to KLAX.  When I got to KLAX I had a red VAS bar with 95% usage.

Anyway, I'll try it at KSAN.  I like to fly to minimums and disconnect and hand land it.  But I think it could do it.  It handles really well and I wish I had bought this plane a long time ago.

OK, I just landed at KSAN and it will do a CAT III but it hits the runway hard.  So I doubt it's rated for it.  But it did work.  May need to inspect the gear and paint for popped paint off the rivets.

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi TTM, I'm not sure if it's rated for CAT III but I'm testing it now in SCA and VAS is high despite using SCE and shutting down cranes and containers.  Making several test flights now.  KLGB to KSAN to KLAX.  When I got to KLAX I had a red VAS bar with 95% usage.

Anyway, I'll try it at KSAN.  I like to fly to minimums and disconnect and hand land it.  But I think it could do it.  It handles really well and I wish I had bought this plane a long time ago.

OK, I just landed at KSAN and it will do a CAT III but it hits the runway hard.  So I doubt it's rated for it.  But it did work.  May need to inspect the gear and paint for popped paint off the rivets.

Ok

Did you code in a flight path somewhere, such as you would do in an airbus MCDU?

Does it have a screen showing your inputs before you accept them??

& put in Arrival airport runway ILS freq?

Trying to figure if this would be simpler than the a320 currently wrestling with.

TTM

4 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Ok

Did you code in a flight path somewhere, such as you would do in an airbus MCDU?

Does it have a screen showing your inputs before you accept them??

& put in Arrival airport runway ILS freq?

Trying to figure if this would be simpler than the a320 currently wrestling with.

TTM

Hi TTM, I use the GTN750, for everything really.  With it you can set up all available departures, arrivals, and approaches.  It works flawlessly.  It will even auto tune the ILS you need when you activate the approach.  It is my MOST used app in the flight sim environment.  Being a real world avionics tech I have to tell you this is the most amazing piece of $15,000 technology I have ever seen in my entire career.  It's all touch like an iPad, lightweight, easily updatable, and very intuitive.  Yet there's some very serious power behind it too.

The FMC's like on the Airbus and Boeing jets are very powerful too in their own right.  You can get extremely detailed fuel and performance data with them and they do basically the same thing but with a different interface.  With these you really have to hit the books, practice in the sim, and memorize.  But especially practice.   There's a ton of YouTubes out there that show you everything you could ever want to know about using one.

3 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Thanks Jack

I like the "will auto tune the ILS on approach" as I think I am going wrong somewhere around the ILS.settings.

Anyway, I have the GTN 750 gathering dust. Probably best to download most recent & go from there

TTM

DON'T!!!!  TTM, it has a HUGE amount of bugs in it!  I was even advised by them not to.

3 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Thanks Jack

I like the "will auto tune the ILS on approach" as I think I am going wrong somewhere around the ILS.settings.

Anyway, I have the GTN 750 gathering dust. Probably best to download most recent & go from there

TTM

I think what you're really talking about is how to program the Airbus's FMC?  I don't have that plane, but when you use an FMC to set up an approach sometimes it will autotune the freq and others it won't.  That's the fun of these planes, you really have to get to know them and stay ahead of them at all times.  You're basically sitting in a giant computer.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I think what you're really talking about is how to program the Airbus's FMC?  I don't have that plane, but when you use an FMC to set up an approach sometimes it will autotune the freq and others it won't.  That's the fun of these planes, you really have to get to know them and stay ahead of them at all times.  You're basically sitting in a giant computer.

Understood now.:)

TTM

Archived