Landing practice in the MD530F

purduekev

I'd say you did very well!  What a cool set of shots these are.

5 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Good for you well done. I can't fly them upside down ceiling fans for the life of me.  

:lol::lol::lol:

Upside down ceiling fans!  I've been in real-world aviation since 1981 and I have never heard that one.  I am definitely going to use this phrase! :lol:

Thanks everyone!  Most of my heli practice is in other sims, because of the dearth of acceptable heli flight models in P3D.  But the MD530 is not bad.  It is a shame that there aren't any A2A- or Dreamfoil-level helos native to P3D, because IMO a lot of Orbx visual goodies are wasted without a helicopter to see them!

14 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Good for you well done. I can't fly them upside down ceiling fans for the life of me.  

LOL - yes, I couldn't do it very well either until I got a proper set of helicopter controls, most importantly a collective and a really good stick.  Without that, hovering and landing was a mess.  It was not cheap, but now I think I actually prefer the challenge of flying helicopters.  It is a more satisfying seat-of-the-pants experience for me than flying a fixed-wing autopilot. B) 

Archived