Dusk in the Alps - LOWI to Montpelier

andy1252

Thought I'd take an evening trip to explore the Alps some more, maybe see if I could find the Matterhorn. Late September again, ASN live, all my usual stuff. Takeoff from LOWI in the wrong direction, turn round and a quick zip across the Alps as the sun goes down.

7Oh2ifT.jpg

3bPrFii.jpg

6uTY8hW.jpg

ZwKkBqR.jpg

oCSeeEo.jpg

I think that might be it ahead. Kinda looks different from up here, don't recognise it from the usual ground view you see in all the photos.

VaCmj86.jpg

Xy2Vzna.jpg

9SO26ii.jpg

QyZRPFD.jpg

NUjozQ1.jpg

iXyiyJj.jpg

UYnIqC7.jpg

mHWGTqc.jpg

Coming out of the mountains now, heading across the plain to put down in Montpelier

uLCoeeL.jpg

FjuGhXZ.jpg

2UxvsVS.jpg

q5eYlX1.jpg

mmGkmAZ.jpg

No particular logic to the trip. That's what's so nice about this environment - if I feel like it, I can do it (especially when my realism settings are low, no worries about fuel, crashes etc!)

Well, what can one say about this set.

So many brilliant shots in this lot Andy.

Fantastic colours in the sky and some of the effects on the land are stunning.

I saw LOWI and immediately looked to see if it had been released, but not yet!

I think LOWI is going to be bigger than Ben Cousins:huh::wacko::wacko:

Thanks, folks. I can recommend the JustFlight Typhoon, it's quite a good looking model and it should still be on sale at the usual sites (50% off).

On 19/12/2016 at 9:49 PM, VH-KDK said:

I saw LOWI and immediately looked to see if it had been released

Gotcha! Still looking to flash more cash then Martyn?

20 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

A true showcase for the abilities of P3D

Indeed, Mark. Not wanting to get into any arguments with FSX users, but to me, as I am far more interested in realism in the environment than the actual process and procedures of flying, P3D is the only reason to be doing any of this. Even with all the same ORBX scenery, weather effects and everything else, for me personally, FSX can't cut it.  And I notice on the P3D website they're already dropping hints about big announcements in 2017 - sounds like the big one really is coming soon. But I have to say, if it means re-purchaisng all the scenery and airplanes, I'm not sure I'd bother. Apart from the occasional (and admittedly rather annoying) OOM, this is pretty damn good visually now, and I don't have to worry about frame rates and jitters usually either.

On 20/12/2016 at 4:25 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

The blue is just gorgeous!

Yep - I've always enjoyed the blues!

What a fantastic flight, sir!!

9 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Apart from the occasional (and admittedly rather annoying) OOM, this is pretty damn good visually now

I'm not sure, but I think that the latest service pack, released just a few days ago, was supposed to deal with that. I haven't installed it though yet

Archived