Trust your pilot, please!

Stillwater

After switching to FTXCv3 I did some basic test tours, the obvious one in Papua New Guinea was just an easy trip from Jacksons...

2016-12-6_20-27AYPY.jpg

... climbing across the mountains near Isurava ...

2016-12-6_20-45-18-881.jpg

... to Kokoda, dropping some spare parts for a broken lawn mower that was reported from here. But that report was a mistake, they needed the parts in Tapini!

2016-12-6_20-55AYKO.jpg

So here we go again...

2016-12-6_20-57-38-57.jpg

... working hard to get over these ridges without burning the Twotters engines. Trust your pilot!

2016-12-6_21-18-12-420.jpg

Dropping down into Tapini (the Twotter is not easy to be slowed down when descending), ...

2016-12-6_21-23Tapini.jpg

... and climbing out soon after the mower service was completed. Scenery & effects work.

2016-12-6_21-25TAP.jpg

Stunners, I love how you've combined the 2 experience packs, I'm sure there was also the usual cargo of bananas, chickens as well as the lawn mower parts, someone told me there's a sub at Catalina needing a screw, you know the propeller thingy at the back

Top class set Gerold.

Great flight and narration.

Would have thought the Airtourer would have been more appropriate for delivering the lawnmower parts or maybe the mower is a Toro.

I hope your transition to CentralV3 is going well, when running as it should do it makes life a breeze.

Are you still on P3DV2.4 and if you are did you have any problems with Central?

2 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Stunners, I love how you've combined the 2 experience packs, I'm sure there was also the usual cargo of bananas, chickens as well as the lawn mower parts, someone told me there's a sub at Catalina needing a screw, you know the propeller thingy at the back

Nice choice of words for the sub Ken, I cant stop laughing. I think Gerold might be in luck if he goes to the airport, looking at someone's shot there the charge is $25.

Thanks for commenting, @bvdboomen, @RJ, @bernd1151, @Voyager and @TangoLimaMike!

20 hours ago, sigwx said:

Nice pictures. This aera provides really a lot of fun :)

It does, and even more on the small bush tracks. I was just to lazy to "do" them, while testing the installation of my sim.

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What a fun flight and narrative Gerold.  Who would imagine flying mower parts into New Guinea in a Twin Otter.  Must cost a fortune.

I do not see another way to keep Ken´s mowers in good maintenance state.

17 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

I only had screws that were (still) somehow fixed to the plane, that is why I did not do the big loop across Catalina. OK, some refueling would also have been required.

Chicken and bananas all had gone into a good curry before start. Sorry.

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Top class set Gerold.

Great flight and narration.

Would have thought the Airtourer would have been more appropriate for delivering the lawnmower parts or maybe the mower is a Toro.

I hope your transition to CentralV3 is going well, when running as it should do it makes life a breeze.

Are you still on P3DV2.4 and if you are did you have any problems with Central?

Nice choice of words for the sub Ken, I cant stop laughing. I think Gerold might be in luck if he goes to the airport, looking at someone's shot there the charge is $25.

The plane was big enough for all these parts & a good bottle of Bundy. Multiple use, can fire the pilot or the engines.

I am still on ... believe me: FSX. The old & conservative approoach. Never change a running system, I would make a new setup once I get me a new computer - but why should I as long as I have fun?

Until now I do not see advantages from the FTXCv3 change, and will post an experience report in the next days.

Archived