35% Discount

jacobmulder

Wow great 35% of Orbx products for 39 days, however the discount system has also changed as previous to becoming ORBX Direct to purchase the products, it was that twice a year for a month usually during the months of May and December there were 30% discounts.

Then for those of us 65 + that enjoyed the 20% discount through out the year also received the 20% on top of the 30% making a total Of 50% discount for those months of May and December, that seems to be no more.

Regards, Jacob

I honestly am shaking my head in disbelief as well.

Just because a customer says he has purchased everything at full price (their prerogative, and we're grateful), and has nothing from our catalogue left to purchase - what is it that we are expected to do?

We have never promised or provided a loyalty rewards program, frequent flyer points, or any such other incentive system - and nor will we. Again, I am at a loss as to how to respond to the comment. 

John, your responses have been quite appropriate and I think very well measured.  My shaking the head comment, which I probably should have kept to myself, was in response to the number of complaints I have read on this forum since the sale was announced yesterday.

Cheers,

I had waited weeks for this sale to buy PAVD. I saved 35% out of 40 AUD, that's 14 AUD. In order to save those bucks I had to wait out and could not yet enjoy PAVD as a payware grade addon airport.

So, IMO it's true: If you buy earlier, full price, you will gain additional weeks and often months of entertainment. And 14 AUD won't even buy a ticket at my local cinema; those two hours of movie entertainment are more expensive here.

26 minutes ago, scottharmes6 said:

John, your responses have been quite appropriate and I think very well measured.  My shaking the head comment, which I probably should have kept to myself, was in response to the number of complaints I have read on this forum since the sale was announced yesterday.

Cheers,

Oh that :lol:

We get the same posts every time we have a sale. But people don't understand how retail works. No small or medium sized company ever pre-announces a sale because their customers would defer purchases until the sale begins. I am sure huge multinational chains like Wal-Mart can afford to pre-announce sale dates, but not us sorry.

Those customers who have been around long enough are by now savvy enough to know what times of the year we hold our sales, and plan around that.

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Of course there's a benefit!

You get to play with all the toys, all of the time. Some people simply aren't as well off as you are to be able to afford all our products, especially at full price, so count yourself lucky.

Don't forget that we also get the satisfaction of supporting fully the group of outstanding developers on the Orbx Team.

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

I honestly am shaking my head in disbelief as well.

He he he.... with all that happen here lately (migration, ORBX deirect and so on), you should take a well earned break!

I also can't believe that people are not happy with a sale????

Ben

I would really like to thank you, John, and you whole team.  I had written off FSX a few years back, and have been brought back into the fold by your amazing products.  I'm on an aging Core2Duo system I bought 8 years ago, and needless to say, funds to devote to the hobby are not bottomless, so your sales are extremely appreciated. If I had the disposable income, I'd buy it all on release, but as it is, I have to pick and choose, and sales never seem to make me spend less anyhow, as I'll buy two regions rather than the one.    

I'm currently wondering whether my wife would frown that my christmas present should come this early, or if I should be in solidarity with my family and wait a few weeks, haha!

I have purchased scenery at both full price and sale price. The complaints every time there is a sale are:

1. I already own everything, this does nothing for me!

2. I just bought scenery last week, can I get a refund?

3. Can I add my senior discount on top of this?!?

How about just being thankful that a company we all support, is discounting great products, for a HOBBY we all share. 

Sorry John, I had to vent. 

All that being said...THANKS FOR ALL THAT YOU AND YOUR TEAM DO, AND FOR THIS SALE!

John V

I never mentioned that I was not happy with the 35% discount, that is why I started with the word WOW which is taken out of context.

I just wanted confirmation on my observation that the 65+ 20% does not apply any more on the periodic discount and you confirmed that.

In closing I just purchased LDDU - Dubrovnik and ENNK - Narvik, have a good day.

Jacob.

7 hours ago, paddler said:

Don't forget that we also get the satisfaction of supporting fully the group of outstanding developers on the Orbx Team.

And that's why I never took the senior discount. More support is always a good thing.  -  Doug

Archived