Testings Adam's net PTA settings

Jack Sawyer

Thanks fellas.  I don't know how Adam works his magic.  I don't think I could ever learn how to do what he or anyone else for that matter does with PTA.  I just load the latest file and then adjust the HDR.  Otherwise I'd never even use it, too complicated for me.  Now ask me about real-world avionics and overall aircraft maintenance and then we're talkin'! ;)

Nice pix Jack. I like the effect of those settings in the first two shots, but I think they might feel a little too washed out for me in the Sedona pix. But then I do have a taste for a darker tinge for my world view (and I mean that visually, not politically <grin>). I'd be interested to see a copy of your ini file though so I can see where it differs from what I use.

12 hours ago, Boss1 said:

Those settings look great!  Nice shots.

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Serious looking pics Jack, a wonderful result.

12 hours ago, Rick@YMEN said:

Splendid captures.

12 hours ago, RJ said:

Incredible settings indeed. :)

10 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Nothing wrong with those settings at all. 

10 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Dandy set of shotz! But they don't look really different from your previous shots I think...

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Serious looking pics Jack, a wonderful result.

8 hours ago, Voyager said:

Great captures in testing it indeed.

Voyager 

Thanks Voyager.  I have some more on the way as soon as I get a chance to upload them.

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Nice pix Jack. I like the effect of those settings in the first two shots, but I think they might feel a little too washed out for me in the Sedona pix. But then I do have a taste for a darker tinge for my world view (and I mean that visually, not politically <grin>). I'd be interested to see a copy of your ini file though so I can see where it differs from what I use.

Hi Andy, yeas, I see we both like PTA but use it to different effect.  That's what I like about it.  And mathematically between PTA and HDR there has to be a number, I mean I'm a numbers nut, I like to run numbers of things.  For instance, how many differentcombinations would  there be?  It' have to be in the hundreds of millions as I think you'd need to use a factorial to figure it out.  It's mind boggling.  My ini file is really Adam's, I just use it, I don't have the skills to tweak it.

4 hours ago, Taph said:

Grand set looking good

Thanks Taph!

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iian.

Ok, did some more testing with Adam's PTA's, there's quite a few Adam.

This is your latest, 162-17 with HDR settings set and AS16 on.

I'm at Bar Harbor, is the grass supposed to look like this?

T5mplhE.jpg

Now I'm at KBOS

dYGCIPT.jpg

Now, back to the original.  16-06.  AS16 on

3SLXQ52.jpg

Meigs

nmQTgEb.jpg

KSEZ

kgevwQg.jpg

MgBJ4uH.jpg

A9jXrfD.jpg

This is posted above for comparison.   So I think I kind of like the "original" 16-06.

Phew can this be confusing!

3nIRr4L.jpg

Archived