Orbx addon airport with biggest area around it?

NoLonger

I am looking for an addon airport to function as some sort of sim in a sim. Usually I fly from A to B and for that I don't care about addon airports. However, I'd like to have one huge airport addon to fly around with a trike. Just like you would do in real life in the weekends if you had a trike. So not for 'real' flight simulation but just for enjoying the scenery and doing tourist tours. I'd like a photoreal area for that with precisely placed 3D buildings all over. The airport itself can be very small: I want the surrounding area to be big. Elsewhere I've been suggested to look ate KEGE and I myself thought about Narvik. I was wondering which is the biggest Orbx airport when it comes to photoreal surroundings? Preferably not just mountains and nature... I'd like to see cities and villages and so on. I don't suppose there is a list of all Orbx airports showing how large the surrounding area's are?

It would say it has to be either PNG or Pago Pago. 

Plenty of room for you in either of those places, probably never get to all in a trike.

Also consider Canberra -- you'd need two add-on products, one for the city and the other for the airport itself, but I promise you won't be disappointed.

A quick run-down of massive-PR airports (apologies if I miss any);

Airports with "mega" PR coverage areas - 1200-2500sq km: 

LOWI - Innsbruck (WIP) 

KPSP - Palm Springs
KEGE - Eagle-Vail

PAVD - Valdez
KJAC - Jackson Hole

KTEX - Telluride

Airports with large PR coverage areas + massive vector/landclass/mesh extended coverage + numerous airports included per product: 

NSTU - Samoa Experience 

AYPY - Papua New Guinea Experience

TAP - Goilala mountain district, Papua New Guinea

Very large PR coverage areas - 250-1000sq km:

KTVL - Lake Tahoe

KBHB - Bar Harbor

KSEZ - Sedona AZ

KBZN - Bozeman Gallatin

KWYS - West Yellowstone

Large/Very large PR coverage areas with primary focus on urban/cityscape environments, including many POI and in several instances bonus airstrips & helipads:

ENNK - Narvik

KMRY - Monterey Regional

KSTS - Sonoma County

KRDD - Redding Municipal & Benton Field

KCGX - Meigs Field

YBCS - Cairns Intl

LDDU - Dubrovnik

KSFF - Felts Field Spokane

74S - Anacortes

YBTH - Bathurst

YSCB + Canberra Cityscape - Canberra Intl & separate cityscape products

Cheers

Thanks for all suggestions so far! 

I had a look at a LOWI preview shot (someone posted it on AVSIM where I asked a similar question) and yes, that seems to be the one to get! Great to hear it will be released soon! Also KEGE seems to be quite big although LOWI is more to my liking (being European and there seems to be more going on there). In the meantime I will checkout LIDA! If this sim within a sim idea works for me I might end up buying some more of the suggestions. ;) 

4 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

A quick run-down of massive-PR airports (apologies if I miss any);

Wow, cool, that was very helpful! I'll make a favorite of this topic for future use! :)

I notice in Jarrad's list he includes his wonderful Telluride (KTEX) but would suggest at 9069 feet your trike might take some getting into the air. Lol. Monterey or Cairns would be my two suggestions.

Anton via Tapatalk Pro

Archived