Flight over my hometown Münster, Westphalia

bernd1151

As the fall season in the ORBX worlds starts at least for this part of Germany way too early, I started this flight in mid August and everything looked fine ;)

Voted the most livable city in the world in 2004 (for cities with less than 300,000 residents), I was of course eager to see Münster in the ORBX world

193a50.jpg

I was even certain to have spotted my house (well at least the area where it is located is correct)

2b392c.jpg

Now we come to the city center, the origins of which date back some 1200 years

3f71be.jpg

Even this huge parking space is correct. But at the end of this empty green park sits our castle, which today houses part of the city’s university. It’s missing here, ok, no big problem really.

4bc42e.jpg

One thing I miss though are churches. There is none here. The city center has at least four of them, all fairly large, one of them our main cathedral. I’m not sure how it is in other towns, but a few churches placed here and there would do it good.

55e4d3.jpg

But one thing that really impressed me can be found in the east of the city, where I live. Both our TV tower and a lonely wind turbine are exactly where they are in the real world. Most impressive!!

657c26.jpg

7.jpg

Thank you very much ORBX, well done

Thank you very much gentlemen for your comments. You know what, everytime I ride on my bicycle around town or sit in an old pub enjoying a beer (or two) I have the feeling that I am blessed living in this beautiful old city.

Here are just three photos to show you:

Our main shopping area

1c2442.jpg

Our cathedral

2e8f99.jpg

And our palace, now part of the university

3144c4.jpg

Archived