Valdez A few from P3D

2 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

I'm pretty sure this boat is from Henrik Nielsen's  "Global AI Ship Traffic" addon.  You can get it at avsim or flightsim, maybe other sites too.

According to Iain, at least the oil tanker is part of the scenery itself.

The oil tanker is part of the scenery, but we are changing some stuff regarding the boats so the final product might be a bit different.

However, the "Global AI Ship Traffic" addon made by Henrik Nielsen is very great, you should really check that out.

We are also collaborating to fix some other AI-solutions that can be teamed up with the ORBX FTX PAVD product once it's ready.

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

The oil tanker is part of the scenery, but we are changing some stuff regarding the boats so the final product might be a bit different.

However, the "Global AI Ship Traffic" addon made by Henrik Nielsen is very great, you should really check that out.

We are also collaborating to fix some other AI-solutions that can be teamed up with the ORBX FTX PAVD product once it's ready.

Thanks for that nice comment :D I can confirm the tug is mine - modelled after a British tug "Vortex", and put to work in several places around the globe with a couple of different repaints.

I saw images of the tanker in another thread  - it is a very nice wake effect - I suppose it is dynamic or?

Henrik

1 hour ago, kl791 said:

Thanks for that nice comment :D I can confirm the tug is mine - modelled after a British tug "Vortex", and put to work in several places around the globe with a couple of different repaints.

I saw images of the tanker in another thread  - it is a very nice wake effect - I suppose it is dynamic or?

Henrik

Hey Henrik!

An honor meet you!

The tanker is actually from the FSX default libraries and is together with the wake just statics, and therefor (among other reasons) we are changing that ship, together with some other to get shipped (heey funny right!) with the final product.

Beta previews can be a bit tricky in that sense, as the final product might shift a lot depending on feedback and stuff. :)

Cheers,

Marcus

49 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey Henrik!

An honor meet you!

The tanker is actually from the FSX default libraries and is together with the wake just statics, and therefor (among other reasons) we are changing that ship, together with some other to get shipped (heey funny right!) with the final product.

Beta previews can be a bit tricky in that sense, as the final product might shift a lot depending on feedback and stuff. :)

Cheers,

Marcus

The honor is on my side - it is great to see that people in the ORBX team have the ship package installed. I do try to fit the routes so they fit with your sceneries and I will do the same once you release Valdez... And it is great with all these new sceneries including harbours - Narvik, Dubrovnik, and now Valdez... And yes, ships should be moving - a static ship pretending to be sailing at full speed is just nice at first glance...

The next update to the Global AI Ship Project will be released some time in the coming months... Allready there are around 100 new models ready ranging from small ferries to the largest container ships in the world.

Henrik

22 hours ago, kl791 said:

The next update to the Global AI Ship Project will be released some time in the coming months... Allready there are around 100 new models ready ranging from small ferries to the largest container ships in the world.

Henrik

Glad that this thread gives me the opportunity to thank you for the wonderful job you've already done ! A real pleasure to find your ubiquitous ships wherever I fly being Florida, Alaska, Japan, PNG or the Med. Looking forward to the update.

On 6.9.2016 at 10:25 PM, dominique said:

Glad that this thread gives me the opportunity to thank you for the wonderful job you've already done ! A real pleasure to find your ubiquitous ships wherever I fly being Florida, Alaska, Japan, PNG or the Med. Looking forward to the update.

+1

On 6 September 2016 at 9:25 PM, dominique said:

+2

Great to see the creator of the most amazing ai shipping project here now as an Orbx forum member. An honour for us all to welcome you Henrik! I'm sure we all can't wait for your next update to brings our seas and oceans to life! Thank you for your amazing work!!!

On 06/09/2016 at 9:25 PM, dominique said:

Hi Henrik,

thanks from me too. A truly wonderful piece of work and hugely appreciated. I always get asked about your ships if they appear in any captures I put up here (and I'm always more than happy to point people in the right direction), and it's great to have you here in the forum.

And not to forget Rob and everyone else involved - Valdez is looking great. I can see it's going to be hard on the card for a wee while soon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived