What if I held off?

Airborne

I was thinking of buying Southern California and Northern California scenery. I was also thinking of purchasing the OpennLC NA. My question is...If I only fly on the west coast, would it really matter if I purchased OpenLC NA or not? Especially if I have the conjoining regional scenery?

Thanks

Just now, Doogles said:

If you are only going to fly in California and the west coast full fat regions for the rest of your life then OpenLC NA would obviously be of no use to you....

So, OpenLC NA would only benefit me if I were to fly outside of the FTX regions?

2 minutes ago, Airborne said:

So, OpenLC NA would only benefit me if I were to fly outside of the FTX regions?

Exactly - only if you fly outside the full fat FTX regions (and of course in North America ^_^)!

1 hour ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Do you fly an heavy airliners?  Or only GA light aircraft?  FTX NCA and SCA are both murder on the big airliners.  With GA aircraft, not so much.

I mainly fly the airliners. I do have small prop planes too though. What do you mean murder? FPS issues?

1 hour ago, Doogles said:

FPS and VAS issues....and its pretty hard to see all the eye candy of California with an airliner....IMO If you mainly fly airliners, the global and OpenLC products are the way to go...

I agree.  The Regions are best enjoyed "low and slow".

2 hours ago, wolfko said:

Open LCNA does not change textures per se, but the land class. Textures will be changed by FTX Global..

Well, Ed's release announcement for Open LC NA mentions "thousands of new textures" so I took him at his word.  No doubt FTX Global contributes its share, but there are evidently many more new ones added by the new NA land class. 

22 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Well, Ed's release announcement for Open LC NA mentions "thousands of new textures" so I took him at his word.  No doubt FTX Global contributes its share, but there are evidently many more new ones added by the new NA land class. 

I stand corrected! :)

Archived