Framed!

Adam Banks

Lovely shot Adam. And thanks for your great repaint - I downloaded the C-47 and got a copy of your repaint but don't have much time for simming at the moment so haven't got it going yet but looking forward to it.

And "congrats" on becoming part of the team (I assume - or were you press-ganged <grin>?)

13 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely shot Adam. And thanks for your great repaint - I downloaded the C-47 and got a copy of your repaint but don't have much time for simming at the moment so haven't got it going yet but looking forward to it.

And "congrats" on becoming part of the team (I assume - or were you press-ganged <grin>?)

This is an "interim" revision to the livery for V3. Nothing actually wrong with it, but I'll be re-doing it from totally from scratch with the new paint kit - just so I have it properly laid out if I needed to add further tweaks.

I think the "team" thing was very much a "press-gang" operation - just because I had the audacity to win my one and only screencomp! :lol:. I can't enter any more, so I have to resort to bombarding the screenshot forum with more shots than before!

Adam.

22 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Now can you SLOWLY explain to me what is wrong with these clouds

Haha - very good! It's taken a *lot* of messing about to minimise the "damage" from poorly coded shaders (IMHO) in P3D to get shots like this one.

1) A lot depends on the particular weather theme. Anything over 1/3 cover generally seems OK, as the bigger clouds mask the "blobbies". Fair/sparse themes show them in all their ugliness.

2) The near clouds are generally OK - as are the mid clouds (as above). It's the *far* clouds that seem to suffer the most - particularly in fair weather.

3) The P3D palette over-darkens the undersides of clouds, enhancing their "blobbiness".

I found FEX (as opposed to REX) gave me just a bit more control in the undersides problem, but it casn't do much about the other stuff. Also, PTS (P3D Tweak Assistant) thas a setting that blurs clouds after a set distance. This smooths out the far blobbies a bit, but it's not perfect either.

Often, when looking UP, the clouds seem nigh on perfect: well lit and beautifully formed - it's only when you look horizontally that the problems start. I've looked back through my old screenshots (FS9 and FSX) and I seemed to get way better clouds back then - despite all the apparent "advances" in both sim (P3D) and weather generators (REX etc.).

That SLOW enough for you? :lol::lol::lol: ... it's certainly LONG enough!

P.S. Also (you know me!) - I have all my GFX settings maxed out for slide-shows/screenshots. All cloud textures are maxed out in size - and pretty well every slider I see in P3D is ramped up to the far right!

Adam.

Archived