100 Years young today

Stillwater

@Voyager : Our news made me aware... and then I followed wikipedia.

@Iain Emms : Thank you, Iain!

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Thanks for the tribute Gerold of our pride and joy - The Boeing Co. . Where are your taking off out of ?? . It looks like KBOI - Boise .

Cheers

John

Indeed a reason for pride & joy. But I took off from one of my all-time favourites here: You´ll be there next year, and you´ll enjoy it. Melbourne.

I wonder what William E. would think if he came back today!

Wonderful shot out over the Organ Pipes Gerold, just watch out for snakes if you go there in the summer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_Pipes_National_Park

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Thanks for the tribute Gerold of our pride and joy - The Boeing Co. . Where are your taking off out of ?? . It looks like KBOI - Boise .

Cheers

John

Just look out for the 2 legged snakes in Melbourne CBD John, mostly seen at night around King Street.

@dolf8857 : Once again, thanks for commenting, Dolf.

16 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Happy Birthday to you.  Happy Birthday dear Boeing.  Happy birthday to you!  :)

Hope someone hears your singing performance...

12 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Nice shot, what will the next 100yrs bring.?

Guess I'll never know.:(

cheers

Gumby

Probably difficult for all of us to know. Will there be a bigger technology change than the jet engines?

13 hours ago, RJ said:

Used to be my favorite company. Now I'm beginning to like the Airbus more and more. 

I would say a clear "It depends"...

As a simmer: The simulated A320 is much more straightforward than the Boeings. Still the 777 is the best-simulated LR aircraft.

As a passenger: For short to mid range the difference is only the overhead locker to me: Airbus is bigger & better. For long range it is a difference in noise: The A330, 340 and 380 are slightly more quiet than the 747 or 777. In the 787 it seems to depend on the cabin layout, time will show...

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I wonder what William E. would think if he came back today!

Wonderful shot out over the Organ Pipes Gerold, just watch out for snakes if you go there in the summer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_Pipes_National_Park

Just look out for the 2 legged snakes in Melbourne CBD John, mostly seen at night around King Street.

Oh yes, the 2-legged snakes can be dangerous. But I think John will have a personal security service joining his trip.

On 16.7.2016 at 4:58 PM, Neptune6 said:

BOIENG AIR BUS  nice perspective

Patrick

On 17.7.2016 at 0:32 AM, Ziggy said:

Fantastic shot!! :)

10 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

You're astute at shooting such grand shots! I only flew Airbus and CRJ yet; next month will be my first flight in Boeing's compositions, specifically 767-300 and 717-???

Sorry mates, I should have been using a vintage Boeing for such a shot. But I don´t have one in my hangar :(!

Archived