Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi, in a Hercules

andy1252

Just exploring, wanting to see more of what global has to offer. Straight overland, cutting across Cambodia and Laos with no respect for airspace (hey, not the first time that's happened). Really like the Hercules - it's a fine plane.

5yJY6ue.jpg

2tNjjut.jpg

0xdnVnr.jpg

vGbbsrm.jpg

1qurkkQ.jpg

YGA0KlM.jpg

coming in to Hanoi

GNkFXPO.jpg

D32Tn6G.jpg

2oaKo85.jpg

eehUOPq.jpg

Thikx8o.jpg

FwQba3N.jpg

That was fun. And I saved the flight at the approach to Hanoi so I can go back and practice my landings. Who knows - I may eventually manage to land without all the wing waggling that I didn't show you.

Thanks folks, and I think I might take this beast on a few more trips around this part of the world. The real thing certainly has very good STOL capabilities that make it ideal for some of the strips out there, so if I can get the hang of it . . .

10 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Great pics.  Looks like one fun plane to fly.  Too bad I am not Bill Gates; then I could afford to buy them all.

Hi PDX - according to my spreadsheet this was by Captain Sim, but freeware. Don't have a record of where I downloaded it from but I'm sure First Officer Google can tell you. Go get her!

Re the C130 version:

Can't find any reference in my files to any order for this, so definitely got it as freeware, but can't see it online as such now. I'm guessing it was either as a special offer, or it could be the free demo version (still showing on their site) as mine doesn't have all the variations in the full payware pack. My spreadsheet/inventory has full details of all payware as that's where I store my product keys etc, but I don't bother recording the source for freeware (unless it's special or unusual) as I usually get such stuff from the same couple of sites that show up as a result of a Google search.

There are freeware C130s out there, but apart from the demo version, can't see any current freeware Captain Sim versions.

Archived