Sonoma to Palm Springs in a DC-6

bernd1151

Ok, this is not a secretly converted PMDG DC-6 for X-plane, but the Just Flight DC-6. It flies pretty nice and looks great. And luckily I don’t need a degree in physics in order to start the engines. She might look small when parked next to a 777, but here in Sonoma among all the GA planes, this thing is BIG!

As the OZx image host still seems to be down, I have used another free image host

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Drop everything

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I hope you like them

Holy Sh*t Batman!  

First of let me clarify that the DC-6 along with the DC-3 are two of my most favorite planes.  So I am kind of partial to your photo journey.  One of most enjoyable set of pics I have seen in a long time.  Your shots tell a story of a wonderful flight that I guess you must have enjoyed.

Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

Terrific set Bernd.

Some amazing scenery, just the perfect backdrop to the beautiful DC-6.

Just an average sized plane by todays standards but when I was young they were a big plane.

1 hour ago, PDX Flyer said:

Holy Sh*t Batman!  

First of let me clarify that the DC-6 along with the DC-3 are two of my most favorite planes.  So I am kind of partial to your photo journey.  One of most enjoyable set of pics I have seen in a long time.  Your shots tell a story of a wonderful flight that I guess you must have enjoyed.

Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

You have great tastes PDX.

For me anything with a radial engine is a favourite! So many great airliners from this era.

Thank you very much my friends for your kind comments. Yes, I admit, I did enjoy that flight immensely. The scenery, the weather, time of the day, the plane, and above all the sound of four big radial engines, it all fit

19 hours ago, Adam_NZ said:

Classic shots of a classic aircraft!!! I have many of the JF aircraft and the DC-6 is definitely one of my favourites!

Adam.

Agree with you on the JF aircraft.  I own both the DC-6 and DC-3.  They are both good, but the DC-3 is my favorite.

Archived