Scenery blurries after latest library/landclass update

B77X

FSX Acceleration

Win10

DX9

Never had this problem before the latest library update that changed the landclass

Now I get scenery blurries everywhere

This is in Europe with OpenLC

2016-6-5_10-30-23-334.jpg

2016-6-5_10-34-3-836.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to start a new thread here but there is something complete buggered up with the unified lookup lc install.

I am very worried. I was very worried about move and now my sim is screwed up badly compared to yesterday.

I have a high end gaming machine, I have super high frames performance, I had a new install of FSX with high performance and quality.  Now its a disaster!

Flying over Germany, semi rural setting, I had previously had frames up to 100, and perfect rendering.  Now massive blurries, and autogen popping like popcorn and half the frames.

So I pause the sim, let it catch up, and within 30 seconds it looks like this below when before it was flawless.  Orbx Can you please explain, help of otherwise.  I am deep breathing but not very happy.

BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-003.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-002.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-001.md.jpg

3 minutes ago, fltsimguy said:

I don't want to start a new thread here but there is something complete buggered up with the unified lookup lc install.

I am very worried. I was very worried about move and now my sim is screwed up badly compared to yesterday.

I have a high end gaming machine, I have super high frames performance, I had a new install of FSX with high performance and quality.  Now its a disaster!

Flying over Germany, semi rural setting, I had previously had frames up to 100, and perfect rendering.  Now massive blurries, and autogen popping like popcorn and half the frames.

So I pause the sim, let it catch up, and within 30 seconds it looks like this below when before it was flawless.  Orbx Can you please explain, help of otherwise.  I am deep breathing but not very happy.

BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-003.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-002.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-001.md.jpg

I am sure Orbx is going to address this, always teething problems using the latest software updates. As I sit around hoping Orbx fixes I am going to try some fsx.cfg teaks I never used before, like from Nick_N at simforums, fiberfraction time and others.

This is no joke for me.  I invested $2,700 on a new rig, just completed a reinstall of everything so that I could have a great sim experience.

I getting micro stutters and autogen popping and had not of this before....it has totally messed up a great sim set up which I paid dearly for.

I haven't even added weather injection yet.

I did some more testing.

I did a rebuild of the fsx.cfg, then added back the few tweaks I have and the trusted modules and gauges.

Same thing, I can't fly for more the a minute or two and it goes completely blurry.

My system running with OC at 4.2 Ghz

1 x INTEL® CORE™ I7-6700K Processor 8M Cache 4GHZ Base 4.2GHZ Turbo FC-LGA1151 Retail Box Skylake
1 x Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100I V2 CPU Cooler System LGA1151/1150/1155/1156/AM2/AM3/FM1/FM2
1 x ASUS Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Z170 Skylake DDR4 3PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 1PCI CrossFireX/SLI USB3.1 Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-2133C15D-16GVR DDR4 2133MHZ 16GB(8GBX2) Memory Kit
1 x MSI GeForce GTX 970 TwinFrozr V 1140/1279MHZ 4GB 7GHZ GDDR5 HDMI 2x DVI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card
1 x Corsair CS850M CS Modular 80 Plus Gold Certified 850WATT 12V Power Supply Unit
1 x Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full Tower EATX Black Case 3x 5.25EXT 6x 3.5INT 2x USB3.0 No PS
1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition 64Bit DVD SP1 OEM *for NCIX PC Only*
1 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA3 64MB Cache 3.5in Internal Hard Drive

First shot is a before.  Second is an after.

And others are from flying for one to two minutes, normally I would have a perfect clear scenery.

BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-009.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-008.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-007.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-005.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-jun-5-004.md.jpg

OK fellows - I want to report a finding I just had.

So, I did a cold reboot of my PC, loaded up FSX to a saved location where I was having the blurries.

I have/had my sim set to run with frames target set to unlimited.  Its been this way since I got this new PC.  I have never had an issue. I could fly the Blue Angel at near 600 knots and have totally crisp scenery.

Same thing occurred. After two minutes flying at roughly 150 knots in a default Microsoft Beech I got significant blurries.  I changed planes to some other vendor planes, same problem, the planes did not impact.

So I load up the Blue Angel...flying at 600 knots plus or minus....total blurries.

Then, I thought I would dial back the target frames to 30, which I understand would push the rendering more to the scenery (please correct me on this if I'm wrong).  Within a minute the scenery goes perfectly crisp again.

Quite simply by setting my target frames to 30 I got rid of the blurries.

What is odd though I did not have to do this before running the new unified lookup table.  I'm wondering about the textures, the format of the textures, the size of the new textures or whatever that might have caused this issue to surface.

Bryan

Mine is perfect.  To confirm, I just flew in the area you are reporting.  See screenshots:

fsx%202016-06-06%2021-34-30-94.jpg

fsx%202016-06-06%2021-34-06-05.jpg

I have every item of ORBX scenery installed (as I must) and they are all installed to the default path of the installers.  I have a default FSX.cfg except for highmemfix and 2048 tesxtures.  My FSX is on a 500GB SSD, and definitely not in the default Program Files(x86) path of FSX.

In my experience most problems like above tend to stem from modifications to the FSX.cfg or some tweaking to the ORBX installs.  Not saying you're in that situation but if your install is not exactly as ORBX installs specify it can lead to problems.

Please don't quote the pictures. Thank you.

That's nice you can fly 100 knots and not get blurries. Have you tried an airliner, like the PMDG 777?

And blurries starting right after the latest changes to the Orbx system is just pure coincidence? It isn't my system, if I could go back a day to before I installed the latest update I have no blurries at all. I have many screenshots from flights through out the world and in Europe using OpenLC and have no blurries in sight. Until the day I installed the library file.

I know the default position is "user error" for every bug reported to developers, but I am telling you this is a problem with the landclass lookup system. My profession is IT and I am not illiterate, I know what I am doing most of the time.

I also have my installs to ORBX defaults and use the ORBX installers to install all of my software.  I also applied the lcloockup change and ORBXLIBS update using FTXCentral.  I have the same problem (that in my case appears to be a problem with finding the correct textures to display).  The problem is not user error.

Since the FTX Central migration update, I'm having problems with incorrect textures showing at various locations around ORBX Australia scenery. Have been using this scenery for three years without previous issue.

Mick

4 hours ago, John Dow said:

Mine is perfect.  To confirm, I just flew in the area you are reporting.  See screenshots:

I have every item of ORBX scenery installed (as I must) and they are all installed to the default path of the installers.  I have a default FSX.cfg except for highmemfix and 2048 tesxtures.  My FSX is on a 500GB SSD, and definitely not in the default Program Files(x86) path of FSX.

In my experience most problems like above tend to stem from modifications to the FSX.cfg or some tweaking to the ORBX installs.  Not saying you're in that situation but if your install is not exactly as ORBX installs specify it can lead to problems.

JOHN, just to confirm, are you using a locked target frame rate vs unlimited and if so what are you locked at?

Thanks for taking a look at the same area, this is good to know.

Yes my FSX.cfg is tweaked, I mentioned that.  But it was tweaked BEFORE the unified install and the problem happened AFTER the unified install. See my post #8 on my followup.

I never mess with Orbx installs they do their thing as scripted.

I am wondering then, is there something in my FSX.CFG, in addition to me adjusting the target frames, that might be causing the blurries now with the migration.

Just for the record, I have a run of the mill rig....Asus Z87-A mobo with 8 gigs of ram, Nividia GTX760 with 2 gigs. I have not ahd any of the issues cited in this post. I do not fly heavy complicated jets. I fly prop driven aircraft, nothing more sophisticated than the Basler Turbo version of the DC3. I also fly the A2A Cessna 182. Most images are razor sharp. I track VAS via FSUIPC, and usually have plenty to spare by shutdown after a two to three hour flight. Anyway, I am satisfied, though I have had other issues, unconnected to ORBX, afaik....

Sherm

I find my best performance overall coincides with the FSX default frame rate locked at 21.  Anything up to 30 is also good but I get more screen tearing the higher I go.  I'm hoping a new video card later this year will solve that.

I'm guessing it may be possible that the lc lookup now is asking too much of ordinary hard drives?  Seems strange though that once textures are called and displayed there's nothing more for the hard drive to do.

This issue is restricted to a small number of users according to the devs, the vast majority haven't had any of these blurries.

I can confirm similar increased texture blurriness since my unified lclookup installation.  

It's almost as though the proper texture mips can't be found or loaded properly in relation to the texture distance from your aircraft.  Strangely enough, when I'm flying low and slow, many field and rock face textures NEVER sharpen into focus as I'm flying by them, and being almost on top or beside them.  However, gain a little altitude or distance from these textures and they pop back into focus (slowly).  

I've always had FR locked at 30 and never had these problems before this latest update.  There may indeed be something amiss, for some users, based on how these textures are now being indexed and loaded.  Coincidental to these problems I've experienced an overall reduction in sim performance with increased stutters and short pauses every couple of minutes.  Flying around LIPB Bolzano in Italy, one of my favorite spots, represents a night and day difference between before/after the unified lclookup.

I just wish there was some way of verifying if the new lclookup and migrated files are all where they should be with no errors.  I fear there is something seriously wrong with my install.  Again, all worked perfectly before, with my multiple regions, Global, EU/NA landclass, Vector, etc. 

On win7-64 here with FSX.  I have a carefully tuned fsx.cfg that worked well.

I'm sure the developers will be on this soon enough as every major stride has its growth pains and no doubt, they have their hands full with many other projects at the moment.

All I want is for my sim to work as well as it did before.

I think that the blurries are a function of the computer having a hard time finding the proper textures. My machine is fairly good and I'm having issues; but not everywhere.  The issues are when certain types of textures are being called.  My problems in Utah are not seen in other places such as in portions of South America, Alaska, and Canada that I have flied in to test.  It is almost as the migration process forgot some textures - maybe the Utah, New Zealand, Australia and southern Europe problems that have been reported are in a similar class that were not migrated or added to the new lookup database.  Beta testers may not see the problem if they are not in the specific regions the problems are being reported, or if for some reason they have additional software they are testing that happen to have the textures.

Jay

I agree with comments Jay.  In fact, I should also have qualified my blurry/erratic performance observations as being area specific.  What appear to be the very same textures (rock faces, certain field textures) seem to work perfectly and remain sharp and in focus, as you would expect, in other areas.  PNW for example.  All appears to work as before in this region. 

The other sporadic problem I seem to have , and not to detract from this thread topic, is the error message when launching FTX Central speaking to region switching and inability to access restore.bat.  There are other threads about this one, I know.  I only mention this as it may somehow relate to the other problems of blurry/incorrect textures and general performance issues.    I used to get this particular message before the most recent update, just as sporadically but of no apparent consequence as I could always switch regions and textures/performance appeared normal. Just mentioning this as it may provide a further clue.  

On 2016-06-07 at 5:37 PM, jalbrech said:

I think that the blurries are a function of the computer having a hard time finding the proper textures. My machine is fairly good and I'm having issues; but not everywhere.  The issues are when certain types of textures are being called.  My problems in Utah are not seen in other places such as in portions of South America, Alaska, and Canada that I have flied in to test.  It is almost as the migration process forgot some textures - maybe the Utah, New Zealand, Australia and southern Europe problems that have been reported are in a similar class that were not migrated or added to the new lookup database.  Beta testers may not see the problem if they are not in the specific regions the problems are being reported, or if for some reason they have additional software they are testing that happen to have the textures.

Jay

You may be correct, I think I've noticed similar, but not sure....its such a big world out there.

This post on another tread is very good.

I'd certainly like an explanation as to what has gone wrong.
If we knew how and why things are broken, then at least we'd have a better idea of what to look for when identifying and reporting bugs caused by this patch.
My biggest fear now is that some things will never be put right properly.  Trying to fix these sort of problems piecemeal is probably not a sensible approach.
Ideally everyone needs reverting back to exactly as they where. Then whatever strategy was devised to bring everything together needs to be reviewed and corrected so that it works 100% correctly in one hit. Anything else is unlikely to lead to a guaranteed perfect result.  
I don't want to face the frustration of months of bad areas gradually coming to light and then having to patiently explain each time that it's not my set up that's at fault and that a product fix is needed.

I sure wish someone would take control on this unified issue.  There should be a separate forum for the unified install.

We need to categorize the issues.

Further, and a big one for me....is Orbx should tell us what they actually did with the unified install.  What was added, what was changed, what textures were added, were formats for textures changed, whatever, then we would have an understanding of what was going on.  I'm sitting here in limbo not knowing what do to.

Me too brother, me too.

No one from Orbx officially has answered my post whether it is safe to start installing all my Orbx sceneries and messing with Central.

11 minutes ago, fltsimguy said:

You may be correct, I think I've noticed similar, but not sure....its such a big world out there.

This post on another tread is very good.

I'd certainly like an explanation as to what has gone wrong.
If we knew how and why things are broken, then at least we'd have a better idea of what to look for when identifying and reporting bugs caused by this patch.
My biggest fear now is that some things will never be put right properly.  Trying to fix these sort of problems piecemeal is probably not a sensible approach.
Ideally everyone needs reverting back to exactly as they where. Then whatever strategy was devised to bring everything together needs to be reviewed and corrected so that it works 100% correctly in one hit. Anything else is unlikely to lead to a guaranteed perfect result.  
I don't want to face the frustration of months of bad areas gradually coming to light and then having to patiently explain each time that it's not my set up that's at fault and that a product fix is needed.

I sure wish someone would take control on this unified issue.  There should be a separate forum for the unified install.

We need to categorize the issues.

Further, and a big one for me....is Orbx should tell us what they actually did with the unified install.  What was added, what was changed, what textures were added, were formats for textures changed, whatever, then we would have an understanding of what was going on.  I'm sitting here in limbo not knowing what do to.

I have the same issue too after I updated ORBX Libs. The blurries starts after 1-3 mins flight. The longer you fly, the more blurry the scenery.

Also the terrain data loading times increases remarkable if you refresh scenery.  

On 6/7/2016 at 0:02 AM, John Dow said:

I'm guessing it may be possible that the lc lookup now is asking too much of ordinary hard drives?  Seems strange though that once textures are called and displayed there's nothing more for the hard drive to do.

This issue is restricted to a small number of users according to the devs, the vast majority haven't had any of these blurries.

I have a SSD. Unlimited fps. In my screenshots the system was getting over 30fps and there is no reason why I should be seeing blurries. This problem did not happen before the libraries update.

I have all of the above issues.

My FSX installation was running smoothly at 40-60 fps, no blurries, no stutters.

The update appeared to go smoothly with no errors, but now the sim is unuseable.

Need a solution or a means of reversing the update ASAP.

I've been testing various locations I've flown in prior to the migration and there is no question remaining in my mind.   This migration process has degraded my sim performance significantly, for many areas that worked well pre-migration.  Other areas perform just as before.  There seems to be no pattern that I can detect to these degradations; once you stumble across an affected area it's impossible not to realize that something is wrong.  Blurries, stutters, freezes, odd terrain tile placement, strange autogen loading... all these have now afflicted my previously smooth performing sim that I've spent years fine-tuning. 

It is my sincere hope that the developers will be taking this as seriously as many of their customers are.

I would really appreciate knowing of a way to revert to pre-migration status if solutions to these problems are not soon found. 

56 minutes ago, fuzz1 said:

I've been testing various locations I've flown in prior to the migration and there is no question remaining in my mind.   This migration process has degraded my sim performance significantly, for many areas that worked well pre-migration.  Other areas perform just as before.  There seems to be no pattern that I can detect to these degradations; once you stumble across an affected area it's impossible not to realize that something is wrong.  Blurries, stutters, freezes, odd terrain tile placement, strange autogen loading... all these have now afflicted my previously smooth performing sim that I've spent years fine-tuning. 

It is my sincere hope that the developers will be taking this as seriously as many of their customers are.

I would really appreciate knowing of a way to revert to pre-migration status if solutions to these problems are not soon found. 

As well I wouldn't post about this issue if it were not an issue in my view.

I just this hour made a flight out of Charlottetown PEI, covered by Orbx Global and SimAddons Charlottetown airport. This scenery is not very hard on my robust gaming system. I never had blurries before, but this time I did.  It takes only a minute or two to go from crisp to blurries, with settings on unlimited.  Flying at 250knts, frames are over 65.  I would normally see 80-100 frames in unlimited with crisp scenery. However once I turn the frames back to limited of 30, the scenery jumps into crisp quality again.

So to re-emphasize, I can still get a great sim view if I run in limited frames of say 30, but before unified I was able to fly this area in unlimited and the scenery was crisp. So I can lock in frames and still get nice scenery...but something did change, it would be good to know what that might be.

We all know that if you lock in your frames this pushes processing to scenery which would explain regaining the crispness.

Screenshots with and without locked frames.

Bryan

A.jpg

B.jpg

I just installed England, Scotland, and Wales into P3D v 3.2 today and I'm getting a lot of blurries along all the coatss where there is granite.  Sometimes it pops in most times it remains blurry.

Think there will ever be a fix for this because in FSX I never had this but I haven't ran FSX to check it, I guess I could.  But I have never seen this.  It takes forever or never to show those nice photorealistic granite cliffs.

I have seen something similar to this recently with this lousy mesh I used in FSX.  As I flew it wouldn't resolve itself into clear granite till right next to it but this is worse.

T3FXDLY.jpg

W1T034P.jpg

LYz2kUM.jpg

Yep me too, since the migration update last week my scenery is a mass of smudges. However when flying around Orbx NZSI the scenery was perfect. Just seems to be around Europe, so is it EuropeLC thats the problem or one of my regions eg ENGLAND etc.

Andy FSS0415965

Tonight I had the time to make several lengthy flights (half an hour) after unification and after 20 minutes had low frame rates and blurries. I have not had this since upgrading my pc 3 years ago and since going Dx10 with Steve Parson's Dx10 fixer. I would like to return to hybrid mode if possible.

3 hours ago, rogera said:

Tonight I had the time to make several lengthy flights (half an hour) after unification and after 20 minutes had low frame rates and blurries. I have not had this since upgrading my pc 3 years ago and since going Dx10 with Steve Parson's Dx10 fixer. I would like to return to hybrid mode if possible.

Returning to hybrid mode won't help.

All I REALLY want to know is anyone in an official capacity here at Orbx reading these posts as I have spent a small fortune on Orbx products and so far silence from them.

Can someone, anyone here at Orbx please post in this very thread that they're even aware of this issue?

Please forgive my bold text and all that and I'm sorry but I am one frustrated customer.

I'm even holding off buying more Orb stuff right now as I have the money to buy several more but if this is going to be the norm where no on even acknowledges a problem then I'm not spending another dime for "melted granite" hills.

Archived