Get AU$22.50 off openLC NA if you buy open LC Alaska/Canada

Hello all,

This has been mentioned before but I thought it deserves its own pinned topic just in case people missed it.

Firstly let me explain the difference between openLC NA Alaska/Canada and the rest of openLC NA.

- openLC NA Alaska/Canada was released a few months ago. It includes Greenland, Alaska and Canada. We decided to split it off from the overall openLC NA region because we did not want to make customers wait too long. So we priced it at half the price of openLC EU, AU$22.50

- openLC NA is the *combined* total North America openLC region which includes the above Greenland/Alaska/Canada, and then adds in USA, Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean. This was what the openLC NA product was going to include originally before the split. This second part of NA is now in beta testing and we are aiming to release it in June all going well.

So what is the special deal?

Simple: right now you can buy openLC NA Alaska/Canada for AU$13.95 during the sale. Anyone who has purchased it (even prior to the sale) will qualify for a $22.50 discount on the full combined openLC NA (Greenland/Alaska/Canada/USA/Hawaii/Mexico/Caribbean) when it is released in June. This discount applies only for the first month of release.

From June 15th 2016 openLC EU and openLC NA will increase in price to AU$54.95. This means the 'sweet spot' to complete your openLC NA complete package is between now and 1st June when you spend $13.95 to get a $22.50 savings on $44.95, then buy the second part (openLC NA complete) before June 15th.

Note: if you have already installed openLC Alaska/Canada you won't need to download it again when the combined openLC NA is released. You will only need to download the new parts of the installer.

Why are we making noise about this? 

Because we don't want any backlash from customers who don't take advantage of the sale and don't buy the rest of openLC NA, and then complain about paying $54.95 for it down the track, even if they've already bought the AK/Canada part.

So ... you've been given the heads up now.

Big John, 

For those of us that already purchased the first part, will a separate installer be provided for the new addition, or do we have to download the entire package once released?

thanks,B)

Read it carefully ...

Note: if you have already installed openLC Alaska/Canada you won't need to download it again when the combined openLC NA is released. You will only need to download the new parts of the installer.

Sorry to be a numpty John but I've looked and looked and simply can't find 'open LC Alaska/Canada' anywhere in the Orbx site or from Flightsim Store.

Give me a clue would you please?

Thanks.

John

I actually don't get the packaging of the components either. However,since I intend to purchase the new LC's (have LC Canada), will just wait until release and see how it is sorted out then!

On May 6, 2016 at 11:27 AM, John Venema said:

(Face palm......)

PLEASE don't stop doing things like this because of the "face-palm-causer"...

On a separate note, when I first read that "Final NA" will actually contain everything, I thought that these extra improvements added to the product would also apply to the Camada/Alaska region. 

But then seeing the comment that if we already have that first one we won't need to install the whole thing, does that mean these areas WON'T have said improvements..?

Thanks. 

Edit: also, will that discount be automatic?

On May 6, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Neil said:

I actually don't get the packaging of the components either. However,since I intend to purchase the new LC's (have LC Canada), will just wait until release and see how it is sorted out then!

Seriously?

15 hours ago, walterg74 said:

PLEASE don't stop doing things like this because of the "face-palm-causer"...

On a separate note, when I first read that "Final NA" will actually contain everything, I thought that these extra improvements added to the product would also apply to the Camada/Alaska region. 

But then seeing the comment that if we already have that first one we won't need to install the whole thing, does that mean these areas WON'T have said improvements..?

Thanks. 

Edit: also, will that discount be automatic?

See the following posts--the Canada/Alaska region will be updated via service packs later on.  As for the discount, I believe it will be automatically applied for those FSS accounts that already have openLC Alaska/Canada in their purchase histories.

6 hours ago, DesertPilot said:

See the following posts--the Canada/Alaska region will be updated via service packs later on.  As for the discount, I believe it will be automatically applied for those FSS accounts that already have openLC Alaska/Canada in their purchase histories.

Got it, thanks!!

Yes, I understand what it means.  What I don't understand is the context here in which it was used.

John

If you read the topic again John, you will see that a clear explanation was given in the first post,

despite this the specific question was asked in the second, the answer repeated in the third and finally

asked again in the seventh.

1 hour ago, JohnY said:

Yes, I understand what it means.  What I don't understand is the context here in which it was used.

John

The context is that despite the very clear explanation given, the comment made in #7 makes you want to give yourself a facepalm in frustration and lack of understanding of why a thinking human being would say that...

23 hours ago, GlennH said:

Seriously?

Well not too seriously. I noted that it would just sort itself out, based on two points, Orbx does not do gotcha sales packages (thank you John Venema), and the FlightSimStore will apply and manage discounts.

'typical english:)'

Well, Australian English perhaps.:)

I didn't really understand the question asked in the seventh post anyway.  And still don't!   Although someone must have to cause the reaction.

Never mind.

John

8 minutes ago, jmorvay1971 said:

While the upcoming release of OpenLC NA is on my list, I am hoping, REALLY hoping Bermuda is included or else I'll have to pass...unless Bermuda will be a separate OpenLC product?

I think it's already in the description and said many times, that it includes the US, Mexico and the Caribbean. 

6 minutes ago, jmorvay1971 said:

Ah but Bermuda is NOT in the Carribean...it is in the Sargasso Sea. :)

I would think it is, as there is no othe region that would include it (regions have been defined a long time ago), the pending regions (once full NA is out) were south america, asia, africa, oceania and antartica I believe. 

From the looks of that it seems as though it actually is included, although to be 100% sure I think we would need Mr. V to chime in. 

And while we're here if John does decide to chime in I have a question for you: 

Is there any particular reason why the release order of the open LC regions was selected the way it shows there? I understand that Europe and the US are the two most popular regions and that's why they would be selected first, but what about the rest? Asking because for my region South America there's very little things available and it would be nice if it could be moved up in the queue. 

is there any relation there may be regarding where most of your user base comes from or nothing like that at all?

Is there any chance that the order might get altered or has work already begun/too advanced?

6 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Is there any particular reason why the release order of the open LC regions was selected the way it shows there? I understand that Europe and the US are the two most popular regions and that's why they would be selected first, but what about the rest? Asking because for my region South America there's very little things available and it would be nice if it could be moved up in the queue. 

JV already said here that openLC South America is next, after NA.  That map post was from 2013, a long time ago, and plans can and do change.

Huh? Order Date: 2016-04-05:ORB-106] Orbx - FTX: Global openLC North America - Alaska/Canada<<x Orbx - FTX: Global openLC North America - Alaska/Canada (ORB-106) = AUD$22.50

[ORB-056] Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords<<2016-05-07<<1 x Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords (ORB-056) = AUD$30.95

I even have the 1 x Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest (ORB-052) = AUD$49.95=$103 in total DID I miss something???

18 minutes ago, fueldrockets said:

Huh? Order Date: 2016-04-05:ORB-106] Orbx - FTX: Global openLC North America - Alaska/Canada<<x Orbx - FTX: Global openLC North America - Alaska/Canada (ORB-106) = AUD$22.50

[ORB-056] Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords<<2016-05-07<<1 x Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords (ORB-056) = AUD$30.95

I even have the 1 x Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest (ORB-052) = AUD$49.95=$103 in total DID I miss something???

Not really sure what you're asking..?

13 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

No idea why one wouldnt have bought the first portion of this LC product but anyway a great post John :)

Lack of money? Budget? Time? So many places to fly that they still haven't gotten to it yet? Not hard to think of an idea why... :)

On 14.5.2016 at 7:32 PM, rsvette12 said:

No idea why one wouldnt have bought the first portion of this LC product but anyway a great post John :)

Lack of flight simulator? ;)

Archived