Get AU$22.50 off openLC NA if you buy open LC Alaska/Canada

JV already said in a different forum post it won't be released before June 15th, and there will be a 30 day period after the release for anyone who already owns Canada/Alaska to get the NA discount.  Patience.  It's coming.  And the wait will be worth it.

I read it differently?  This was in the original post:

From June 15th 2016 openLC EU and openLC NA will increase in price to AU$54.95. This means the 'sweet spot' to complete your openLC NA complete package is between now and 1st June when you spend $13.95 to get a $22.50 savings on $44.95, then buy the second part (openLC NA complete) before June 15th

Did you see something different?

So in a nutshell, we're going to end up having to pay $10 more anyway...?

I think that due to the delay, if he wanted to really do it fair the discount should also increase to 27.50. After all we are needing to buy half of it, so as it's not possible due to the unification, it should only be fair that we pay half of it at least during the window in which the discount  is offered. 

7 hours ago, walterg74 said:

So in a nutshell, we're going to end up having to pay $10 more anyway...?

I think that due to the delay, if he wanted to really do it fair the discount should also increase to 27.50. After all we are needing to buy half of it, so as it's not possible due to the unification, it should only be fair that we pay half of it at least during the window in which the discount  is offered. 

Fair?  Seriously?   I think the $22.50 off whatever price point is set is eminently fair.  Find me another developer of high quality add-ons who would come within a bulls-roar of the offers and support that ORBX has.  IF USA/Mexico isn't released before June 15th, it's not because it's already been wrapped up and sitting there waiting for a release decision.  It's because it's taking a s**t-load of work to get it to ORBX standard.  

Ok, so what if one missed the sale? Would they still be able to get some sort of discount when the whole OpenLC NA package releases?

Yes I realize the price for the OpenLC Alaska/Canada is increased about USD$3 now that the sale is over, so what does that mean for someone who buys OpenLC Alaska/Canada before the price increase on June 15th?

Have a good read of JV's original post.  Unless I'm mistaken, if you buy the first part of OLC NA, you will get the discount off the second part.  Even if you buy it today.  The only thing not specifically mentioned is if you put both in your cart after the release of US/Mexico.  But if you buy Part 1 now, you know where you stand.

6 hours ago, John Dow said:

Fair?  Seriously?   I think the $22.50 off whatever price point is set is eminently fair.  Find me another developer of high quality add-ons who would come within a bulls-roar of the offers and support that ORBX has.  IF USA/Mexico isn't released before June 15th, it's not because it's already been wrapped up and sitting there waiting for a release decision.  It's because it's taking a s**t-load of work to get it to ORBX standard.  

John, yes seriously. Try to look at it from a different perspective than just your own... It's not our fault that it was decided to switch to a unified "full NA".  I'm not complaining about delays, or even the  new price if you want. But each "half" product cost (costs still) 22.50, and with FULL LC's going to 55 after the 15th, if structure had remained the same, those of us who already bought the first part would have had to pay just 22.50 for the second "half" (or if we count the delay and the still fixed date for the price increase, 27.50).  Now with the new way, and with the discount, we will have to pay 32.50, which is 5 more than that with he delay and even 10 more than the original plan (and yes I get that sometimes delays happen of course, but we adjust accordingly...) 

Is it a lot? No, it's not, but adjusting so that the end result is the same as if there were no delay is what I think would be fair for all. 

I can't believe some of these posts about ORBX not being "fair".  I bought NA Canada/Alaska as soon as it was released, and paid $22.50 for it then.  Then JV and ORBX decide to do a 38% discount for an ENTIRE month of May for most ORBX products.  Based on the "logic" and "reasoning" of some people posting here, I should be complaining that I'm not getting a REFUND on my "overpayment" 'cos I could have waited until May to get it for only $13 instead. Sorry, but I'm not that ignorant and not gonna complain about it.

ALL companies conduct "sales" or "discounts" at one time or another.  You, as a customer, can decide if you want to take advantage of them or not. But there is NEVER any guarantee that if you wait, don't wait, whatever, that you will ALWAYS end up paying the least amount of money possible for their product.  THINGS CHANGE in business pricing and marketing every day.

Are you SERIOUSLY going to keep complaining that due to an unforeseen release delay, you may have to spend FIVE DOLLARS more for NA USA/Mexico?  All because the delay is being caused by ORBX acquiring last minute BETTER data that will make the whole product BETTER than if they shoved it out the door before June 15th?  

If you are REALLY pissed off it might cost you 5 or 10 dollars more now than originally advertised, keep in mind you will be getting a BETTER product BECAUSE of the delay to release it with the BETTER data JV posted about.

And if only $5 or $10 in "price point" is your "breaking point" to begin with, you definitely need a "less expensive" hobby than flight simming on thousand dollars worth of computers. 

I'm still gonna get the "original promised" discount of $22.50 when(ever) it is released.  If it costs me $5 more than "promised" BEFORE a price increase of the overall product, I'm NOT gonna bitch about it, because it will be a BETTER product than originally promised with the additional BETTER data in it, which is why the delay is happening.

Any complaints being made right now REALLY amount to someone saying, "Hey!  I want ORBX to GIVE me the upgrades to the product causing the delay for FREE!"

GEEZ!  ORBX already gives us more free updates to products than any other flight sim developer I know!

Get real.

Archived