Much too much too much too much........

VH-KDK

Been looking at the fun some of you are having with the Texan, but at AU$113 I think I will pass as it is a bit much for just one plane.

Besides I have so many planes many of which I rarely use.

In the meantime here are some shots I have taken of Texans in RL.

a.VHNZX131007YWTO22.jpg

b.SKNI180410YTYA12.jpg

c.VHUSR030508YBBT22.jpg

d.VHHVD280210YMPC1.jpg

e.VHXSA280210YMPC32.jpg

f.VHTXN280210YMPC3.jpg

g.VHOVO250210YMPC72.jpg

h.VHNAH180410YTYA1.jpg

Oh Buggar it, now with the Ozx discount it is a few cents over $100.

Here is my first flight from Namsos in Norway.

1.tx1.jpg

2.tx2.jpg

3.tx3.jpg

4.tx4.jpg

5.tx5.jpg

6.tx6.jpg

7.tx7.jpg

Beautiful aeroplane.

Heaps of repaints available with this one being one of my favourites.

Blown away by the sound in the cockpit, even better with the lid open.

If you are sitting on the fence about this one, yes it is a bit pricey but a fantastic plane which I am more than happy with.

Oh! Beautiful screenshots and fantastic airplane!

I have that pricey one. But for sure those you show up here is a fine option too!

So, speaking of flowers, I enjoyed the second one: my really passion in matter of flight -- formation flight!

Thanks for this bucket!

Voyager

Well Martyn, I've been sitting the same fence.  I suspect I'll fall off too.  Problem I have is that there is also the F-100D hanging around to buy.*

Nice to see lots of examples for when the master painters are running short of ideas.

I do like your #3. (and h., but I am frum that side of the dutch)

* Everyone knows I'll end up with both.  I hope there isn't a third I've forgotten...

Wow, Martyn, you caved in, hahaha. No worries, I frequently succumb to the same buying urge. After I had seen your post here I thought it might be a good idea to check how big my total aircraft folder is by now: 239.5 GB!!! That includes all my freeware and payware planes, more payware I assume. How many of them do I fly regularly? Maybe four or five. I also have the Texan as freeware version. It's actually quite nice with a decent VC. When have I flown her the last time? I can't remember. 

Will I stop buying planes? Hell no :-)

I think that everyone that enjoys aircraft took a shot of a Texan sometime in their life. Although I see beautiful shots I'm not inclined to buy it just yet and I do have a lot of A2A aircraft. Do you jump right in and fly or do you spend time prepping the aircraft and then fly? 

6 hours ago, RJ said:

I think that everyone that enjoys aircraft took a shot of a Texan sometime in their life. Although I see beautiful shots I'm not inclined to buy it just yet and I do have a lot of A2A aircraft. Do you jump right in and fly or do you spend time prepping the aircraft and then fly? 

Thanks RJ. The thing that tipped me into buying it was all the repaints that are coming out. A big thanks in order for all of those highly skilled artists.  I jump in and fly as time is limited. Also I am in it for the scenery and seeing the aircraft in the air so not a lot of time is spent in the cockpit or on procedures! Airliners I do a flight plan and all those other things except for the FMC which is beyond my small brain.

Archived