First photos with new Skylake rig

purduekev

Back from a several-month hiatus to move the family and start a new job - my previous computer did not make it through the relo without issues, so I made a trip to Micro Center and built a new rig...

2016-4-2_18-2-31-14.jpg

2016-4-2_23-19-8-483.jpg

2016-4-2_17-54-1-128.jpg

2016-3-29_20-12-35-607.jpg

2016-4-2_17-51-39-897.jpg

2016-4-2_17-44-34-159.jpg

2016-4-2_17-31-29-864.jpg

2016-3-29_20-15-42-419.jpg

2016-4-2_11-28-0-624.jpg

Flight simming is really boring  without endless tweaking in hopes that you will get just a little bit more performance or just a little bit better graphics quality :-)

Instead I predict that you are going to be sitting around simply having a ball just flying through gorgeous scenery without a care in the world about how your system is performing.

You won't be bored - it will be pretty exciting just to experience the fun that a well adjusted system brings ....

All the best with the new rig & enjoy!

Best regards

Renault

Some magic shots there. The capabilities of the current combinations of systems and software (plus of course the likes of Orbx) are really quite amazing. If you want to fly "for real" there are some amazing planes out there and as to the realism of the simulated world itself - your pictures say it all.

Enjoy!

23 hours ago, RJ said:

By the quality of these images it looks like your new rig is doing really fine!      :-)

20 hours ago, BradB said:

Fantastic caps from your new Rig Kevin , I have a new "Skylake" in the works myself .

Cheers

John

17 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Brilliant set of shots, look great.

cheers

Gumby

17 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand shots and a grand new machine I hope it brings you loads of fun.

cheers

Iain

14 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Astonishing captures!

Greetings,

Bermuda

14 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Some magic shots there. The capabilities of the current combinations of systems and software (plus of course the likes of Orbx) are really quite amazing. If you want to fly "for real" there are some amazing planes out there and as to the realism of the simulated world itself - your pictures say it all.

Enjoy!

20 hours ago, renault said:

Flight simming is really boring  without endless tweaking in hopes that you will get just a little bit more performance or just a little bit better graphics quality :-)

Instead I predict that you are going to be sitting around simply having a ball just flying through gorgeous scenery without a care in the world about how your system is performing.

You won't be bored - it will be pretty exciting just to experience the fun that a well adjusted system brings ....

All the best with the new rig & enjoy!

Best regards

Renault

Thanks everyone!  I had constantly fought with my previous i5 Ivy Bridge setup - I could never get the overclock past 4.2 GHz (core voltage too high), the Gigabyte motherboard was a constant pain (clunky BIOS interface, USB issues, etc), the Windows 10 update never worked right until I did a clean reinstall, etc.  It was actually liberating after the old computer just wouldn't boot about a day after taking it out of the moving box and setting up!

Renault, you are exactly right - I had been making my hardware wishlist for a while, and I was able to select every component that I wanted and had researched for some time so I would not have to constantly "tweak" to get the performance I wanted.  There is no substitute for capable hardware when flight simming!  I have had this setup for about a week, and it is really amazing how much of a difference it has made.  I really love the new Gsync monitor (my previous monitor was really old), and being able to run P3D locked at a reasonable and smooth frame rate is so much less stressful.

I was FINALLY able to really get the most out of my PilotEdge subscription this past weekend by flying online in the new Orbx SoCal with nary a stutter or blurry!

I am enjoying gradually installing all of my old Orbx titles with the new P3Dv3 quad-installers.    It's like Christmas morning every day LOL...

Archived