Para!

Perk

4 minutes ago, Thomas Zipfel said:

very nice shots, especially an interesting aircraft, can you tell me the source where you can get it.

SimMarket have this aircraft Thomas - Paramotor for FSX & P3D Payware: http://secure.simmarket.com/franz-luftfahrt-paramotor-fsx-p3d.phtml

@Perk - cool shots, would be great for just about any Orbx tour, landing must be a heart in mouth affair, you never know if ground winds will make for a gentle landing or make you fall over or get hung up somewhere.  I see you are causing havok in the hangar on shot #4.

Quick question - does this aircraft respond to thermals or do you need the engine running constantly to maintain altitude.

26 minutes ago, cabnz said:

I think this would with the Oculus Rift too :)

Of course! You can sitt in your real harness at home with your rift on! I tried it with my paraglider harness but not with prepar3D, it was a cheap parasim, tho. With the ORBX gfx and the CV1 Rift this could be the closest thing to the real flying, with Oculus Touch in your hands

26 minutes ago, Nedo said:

Of course! You can sitt in your real harness at home with your rift on! I tried it with my paraglider harness but not with prepar3D, it was a cheap parasim, tho. With the ORBX gfx and the CV1 Rift this could be the closest thing to the real flying, with Oculus Touch in your hands

Exactly :)     And that should have read - "I think this would be GREAT with the Oculus Rift"

1 hour ago, Bruce Hamilton said:

This would be a lot more interesting to me if we weren't forced to spawn on runways or in airplane parking spaces.  You'd see these in fields, not airports.

Couldn't you start a flight with one of them spawned on an airport, fly the paraglider off the airport to an adjacent field or whatever, then SAVE the flight?  Next time you wanted to start a new flight, you should be able to select the paraglider starting location in the field by selecting the saved flight.

Of course, if you had just installed a new ORBX airport, you'd have to spawn the first flight from it from one of the on-airport locations to do that.

This is one of the freedoms that we returned back to us with this our hobby!

For example, today I can get my helicopters and landing where I well understand ... In real life, within controlled airspace, I'd need to get permission (grrr) - from the traffic control and local authorities ... not always possible!

Voyager

From iPad

6 hours ago, BradB said:

+1 - You beat me too !! .

John

And I think that vehicle was really made for us eye maniacs if you read the product description.

"Flying in and out of a highly detailed ORBX airport wasn’t good enough for us anymore." :D

Archived