OOM error; out of memory

CZZ

Is there a way to disable Global base in FTX when I am only flying in an ORBX region?

Note: I saved about 400K in Committed Memory by unchecking OpenLC and Vector lines in Scenery Config.

Scenery Config does not have a line for Global base.

TIA

Global may consume a small amount of VAS on top of the default due to denser autogen, but this should not have impact within a region as the Global tiles are not being loaded, only those of the region.

There is no way to disable Global, it is a default texture replacement and the default textures have already been overwritten. If you created a backup on installation then Global can be uninstalled, but it cannot be toggled on and off.

BTW:

A great tool for monitoring Committed Memory used by fsx.exe is Windows' Resource Monitor.

On my system if fsx.exe is using about 3.5 GB of Committed Memory the OOM error dialog will soon appear and fsx has shut down.

So, I periodically review the Committed Memory stat to see if there is a pending problem.

You may need to go on Pete Dowson's website to find out, I'm afraid ;). I've had the payware version for as long as I can remember, so I just don't know! It's a fantastic add-on.

Adam.

Thanks Adam, I only have it because is needed for some addons to work. I don't have FSX installed to check it

N.-

Yes, it is. I have it monitoring every flight. Let me know if you get and I can advise the settings to use. Using FSX btw.

Stew

Hi Stew! As i said, i dont have my sim running and will not until christmas surely, but if you like you can send me a PM or post the instrucctions here, i will save it in a doc for future use :)

Sure, but my notes are necessarily sketchy.  These are settings I have noted, and at least the first one is probably a default, because I'm not sure exactly what it does:

At Logging tab:  Log Details     (x)Axis controls

Specific value checks

Basic IPC          Offset 024C        Type U32

^

"zero"

Display to:  FSTitleBar

That's it as far as my notes go.  Hope this works for you.

Cheers.

Stew

Here are someone else's slightly more detailed instructions.

1.  FSX Menu bar | Add-ons | FSUIPC ...

2.  Select the Logging tab

3.  Enter an Offset of 024C (that's a zero)

4.  Enter a Type of S32 from the drop down box

5.  DO NOT check the Hex checkbox

6.  Press OK

Here are the steps I just used:

1.  FSX Menu bar | Add-ons | FSUIPC ...
2.  Select the Logging tab
3.  Enter an Offset of 024C (that's a zero)
4.  Enter a Type of S32 (or U32) from the drop down box
5.  Do not check the Hex checkbox
6.  Display to: check FSTitleBar
7.  Press OK

Archived