Black Forest in Australia SP4

coffeecup1978

Afternoon
while the Black Forest in Germany is legendary, the Australian Customs are a little bit concern about the invasive species in my Australia SP4.003 scenery that has started happening. I've reinstalled the scenery, confirmed they go away when I've taken the scenery away, but comes back when it is applied. I also used to have black box buildings, but the are now good after reinstall of the scenery. I've also tried to use both orbx trees and not in the FTX Central

I've set the following alerts in the FSX.CFG, but don't receive any alerts after the reinstall of the scenery, but the black trees persists. Any idea?
MissingLibraryAlert=1
ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

Kind Regards,
Coffeecup

3ecNWO6.jpg

kWlOfCO.jpg

Those black shapes are probably the FTX lights failing

to display because you are running a version of FSX with

the Direct X 10 preview box in Display settings ticked.

If this is the case, untick the box and the black shapes will

go away.

Or install Steve Parson DX10 scenery fixer  and all black squares diseapered 

Patrick

Ok,

I've downloaded and installed the libraries with the same result

I would like to point out when I originally bought and installed it I did not encounter these black trees. Think I've had it for about six months. Thought perhaps the texture may have something to do with the season, but picking any seasons seems to have the same result. They seem to be all over victora, so I think it's something with my install.

As someone suggested, disabling DX10 preview removes the black trees. Now, it could be cool to try Steve Parson's tool, but for ~AUS$45, I would rather put it forward to P3D. I did however, implement a fix from his page to sort the lines on the runway.

Here's the coordinate's from the YPID airport (Phillip Island/VIC/AUS).

Thanks in advance:

8figsr5.jpg

I'm not sure why people are assuming that Coffeecup is using DX10 preview mode - and why those missing textures are lights (they clearly aren't - looking at where they are). Anyway ... lots to add to this:

In my FSX with just FTX AU (latest libraries) etc. I don't see any of these artefacts/missing objects - in DX9, DX10+F9ixer and with ground/objects shadows (which can cause problems) enabled/disabled. All looked good on my system.

ypid_dx9x_01_1024.jpg

So ... definitely something wrong with your install, Coffeecup!

However (!) .... you're missing a lot of extra detail - available if you install all the OzX libraries (that work perfectly with ORBX AU):

FSX with OzX libraries:
ypid_dx9_ozx_top_1024.jpg

Looking at Google Earth, it appears OzX have done a good job!:
ypid_ge_top.jpg

P3Dv2 without OzX:
ypid_p3d_top_1024.jpg

FSX with OzX:
ypid_dx10_ozx_scenic_1024.jpg

P3Dv2 without Ozx:
ypid_p3d_scenic_1024.jpg

Adam.

@Nick My sincerest apologies (sound FX of me eating humble pie) ... I happened to leave my sim going (albeit still in P3D mode) while I had my dinner. When I came back, I found the lights had come on. Indeed - there are lights at those spots.

So ... you're bang on the money! Would running FTX Lights configurator help sort out those textures?

ypid_p3d_scenic_night_1024.jpg

@Coffeecup - try clearing your shaders cache (Google it if you're not sure what that means). That might help.

Adam.

Wow, that OzX secenry is nice indeed! Anyway, you are spot on that it is lights and not trees! I've tried the following to no vein:

* Cleared shaders cache

* Ran the ShaderRelease3.2.2 tool from Avsim

* I also loaded them during night to confirm if they are there or not, and you can vaguely see the black boxes crossing the lights, but you may also notice the runway lights dont' have them:

e2URNnc.jpg

Now, I stumbled accross this link on AVSIM :

http://www.avsim.com/topic/357777-lights-with-black-boxes/

And I see, my fx_2 file date is completly different to 1,3,5, I wonder if it could be corrupt as suggested?:

39xG73r.jpg

-coffeecup

Earlier in the topic, you posted this

As someone suggested, disabling DX10 preview removes the black trees

in response to my post, I suppose?

Those black shapes are probably the FTX lights failing

to display because you are running a version of FSX with

the Direct X 10 preview box in Display settings ticked.

Why do you still have black shapes instead of lights,

have you ticked the box again?

Also, if you have

Ran the ShaderRelease3.2.2 tool from Avsim

This was "someones" post

Yes it does, it's at the Avsim library

shader_release_v3.2.3.zip

Nick,
do apologize for not acknowledge your and others great suggestions who I might have missed out, I got a bit overwhelmed with all the suggestions in this post!

"Why do you still have black shapes instead of lights,
have you ticked the box again?"

Yes, I did reenabled DX10. It did work initially without seeing these weird boxes, and it's my preference to run with it.

I'm getting close to the point of reinstall. Not sure what is left to do...

-coffeecup

I doubt that in this case re-installing will help.

The files on the Avsim Library will indeed fix the black boxes.

shader_release_v3.2.3.zip is the file you want.

You must follow the included installation guide to the letter, in

particular, you must delete your shaders and let FSX rebuild

them or nothing will change.

+1

I helped Steve out in testing the Fixer and clearing the shaders cache etc. when changing from DX10 to DX9 and back was an absolute must.

I suppose a lot depends on how much money (if any) you're prepared to throw at it all ...

If you're thinking of sticking with FSX (and plenty of reasons to do so) then I really would recommend the payware Fixer. It has many more features and gave my FSX a whole new lease of life.

However ... P3Dv3 is a very attractive looking alternative and worth considering. I'm not spending any money at all on non-v3-compatible add-ons until I can afford to buy it (and the SSD I'd like to put it on). As said many times here - at least you won't need to spend extra cash on updating your ORBX scenery.

In the meantime, it may be worth you looking at the Fixer "How-To". It's got loads of useful tips about setting up FSX/DX10 in general and isn't particularly Fixer version specific.

Adam.

Adam in post #11 second picture how do you get the shore line and water to look like that? I have orbx Global,Openlc,Vector FTX compatible mesh 2010 Aus SP4 latest library's, Rex4 and never see water and waves that look like that.

I was as pretty surprised myself - to find that it's part of the (free) OzX package. I installed it donkeys' years ago, thinking that all it did was add a whole heap of bush airfields etc. .. but I'd obviously forgotten that it appears to gives us heaps more than just that. It's not just the waves in that area around Phillip Island - the photo-real tiles are beautifully done too (see the comparison with Google Earth).

The OzX scenery has certainly played out well with all my AU ORBX regions. Maybe the odd file here and there needs disabling, but I don't remember it being much of a problem.

If it wasn't because I'm hoping to go for P3Dv3 soon(-ish) I'd be installing it into my P3Dv2.5. I never got around to it ... and didn't realise what I was missing!

Adam.

Archived