Cunderdin (YCUN) to Perth (YPPH) in the Electra

BradB

*Unbelievable* first shot! Competition entry, I'd say!

What's the grey stuff? Looks like the remnants of a Tsunami. Is it a "feature"? Not snow, Shirley? I must fire up my sim to take a look!

Adam.

Mortlock River Basin is what my Google search came up with , it does look a lot like ash or snow . Maybe lots of salt ? .

Brad

Mortlock River Basin is what my Google search came up with , it does look a lot like ash or snow . Maybe lots of salt ? .

Thanks, Brad - salt it is! Amazing sight! I went there and saw nothing (!!) ... until I realised I needed to install YCUN freeware. Moonscape! What a treat :)

Adam.

Great shots Brad - and with the early start to Summer we've already had here in south-west Western Australia, you've done well to still catch a bit of greenery before it dries up totally :) 

Thanks, Brad - salt it is! Amazing sight! I went there and saw nothing (!!) ... until I realised I needed to install YCUN freeware. Moonscape! What a treat :)

Indeed - the dry lake beds are one of the most prominent geographical features of the area. There are a few more scattered around the Wheatbelt region, and from memory some of the OzX guys captured these nicely in photoreal in one of their packages. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived