Exclusive preview of OrbX Friday Harbor at ADX

Vora

Looks awesome. However I know where OrbX is coming from by using Steam and it's a shame they can't use it for P3Dx as well as Steam's anti-piracy measures are absolutely outstanding. At least that 3 months will give them a break from the welfare case pirating losers.

WOW. As i use Steam edition, will i be able to use it with my PNW scenery without problems, or i should wait to be released on FSS.

You can use PNW, Global, Vector, or any other addons just fine in Steam. Or you can use this airport alone. 

In the video you can see it being used with PNW

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTqPScJlqiw

Does anyone actually care about Friday Harbor anymore?  Everyone has had a turn at it at some point in their flight sim life and for me, I got so annoyed with that "default" airport coming up at the welcome screen.  I'm happy that P3D changed default venues. :)

Don't get me wrong, the PNW is one of the most scenic places to fly GA, but right now, I welcome ANY other airport besides Friday Harbor. lol

First statement was a joke, btw.

-Jim

Part of the contract they signed with Dovetail was to provide two sceneries via Steam, with a three month exclusivity before releasing it via FSS.  JV explained it all in his prior announcement thread.

Thanks for the reply Bruce. I don't live on these forums and only casually browse these days.

I'm going to be so busy with Southern California and all of it's already released and upcoming airports that I won't even notice 90 days. If it helps get more people interested in "hardcore" flight simulation and the many things it has to offer, it's worth it.

Will the version released through FSS in 3 months have more features than the one released now on Steam?

Jean-Jacques

The Steam Exclusive DLC version is designed to work with a raw FSX installation. It has no dependencies on other core Orbx tech or programs and simply installs on its own.

Because of this, it does not contain any dynamic objects that are normally controlled by the Orbx Objectflow module.

Once the non exclusive version is released, Objectflow will be added and the package will mow be dependent on other Orbx products being installed, and FTX libraries.

So yes, the FSS version will have aditional dynamic elements (seasonal, time of day etc), but will require the appropriate FTX software be installed as a base, whereas the Steam Exclusive version requires no additional Orbx software.

Archived