Scenery Library Updates

bruce e

When I opened up Central it said there was a Scenery library update. I then asked it to download and install. It did so but the download was about 180+ MB. As I normally keep a copy of the latest libs to install after adding addons I looked at the orbx site and noted the latest Libs was 425MB. Why is there such a difference and as the downloadable version is a triple installer option how do I know if the Central update option went into P3D. I ask because after the Central updating of Libs option I could see no reference to the update in Scripts, whereas I can see the update when I then installed the download 425MB version.

When I opened up Central it said there was a Scenery library update. I then asked it to download and install. It did so but the download was about 180+ MB. As I normally keep a copy of the latest libs to install after adding addons I looked at the orbx site and noted the latest Libs was 425MB. Why is there such a difference and as the downloadable version is a triple installer option how do I know if the Central update option went into P3D. I ask because after the Central updating of Libs option I could see no reference to the update in Scripts, whereas I can see the update when I then installed the download 425MB version.

FTX Central v2's download is much smaller because it only downloads the files that have changed or are newly added. For example, if only 10 MB of files changed in the update, you will only need to download 10 MB of files.

Since FTX Central v2 was released, installing the latest libraries is no longer required after each install (you still need to have the latest version, but you just don't need to install it every time). You only need to update the libraries if FTX Central v2 tells you there is an update.

FTX Central v2's download is much smaller because it only downloads the files that have changed or are newly added. For example, if only 10 MB of files changed in the update, you will only need to download 10 MB of files.

Since FTX Central v2 was released, installing the latest libraries is no longer required after each install (you still need to have the latest version, but you just don't need to install it every time). You only need to update the libraries if FTX Central v2 tells you there is an update.

Thanks, Ben.  That sounds too easy, though!  But if you say so...

Archived