FSX crash in approach KPSC (Tri-Cities)

hanss

All,

I have tried a few times with different aircraft to approach runway 30 at KPSC (Tri-Cities) in NW United States.

I report it here as I suspect it is a bug in the scenery. It happens each time at the same spot. Just after the moment the picture was taken.

FPS was 52 at the time and I tried both the P-51 and the default Cessna 172.

Geographical position is: N46.13.23 W119.3.30.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/jEM

Hello hanns, I went to a nearby airport in the Lancair, took off and got some altitude, then I placed my plane at your coordinates and unpaused the FSX sim. I approached the runaway and had no problems at all landing.

My TFX stuff is in my sig to compare. It was fine for me, no crahes or anything. I do hope you can resolve this. Good luck and best regards.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

I'll try again. I hope it is what you found anyway and I had bad luck yesterday. It happened to me once also with the P-51 in the same area but that was with FSX not with FSX Steam which I flew with now.

I'll report back.

Regards

Hans

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

It took some time as I started getting problems with "Adobe reader not found" messages for my EFBFSX. The latter problem hasn't been solved either. I can't even start taxying with my P-51D Little Friends. The moment I open a window, like the GPS screen on my other monitor, FSX:SE quits. I don't experience this with other planes in other places.

Still trying to narrow it down. I will now try with re-installing the P-51.

Keep you posted. Any other suggestion as to where the problem may lay are appreciated.

Regards

Hans,

Yes I have both in my root FSX. Sorry I don't know what a G3d.dll error is. Haven't seen it mentioned.

I get the following message in the dxdiag: Crashed in system information (stage 4). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information.

The dxdiag also says that I use DX11, of which I am not aware. I did not do any upgrade.

What I did, and perhaps seriously regret, is installing the latest driver from NVIDIA. Could that be the problem. If so, how do I install an older driver version, a copy of which I still have?

Thanks for your help

Hans

To restore an earlier version of an Nvidia driver, just make sure you

choose the Custom (Advanced) option and be sure to tick the box

at Perform a clean installation.

With an older card, like yours and mine, you really only need the graphics

driver and the HD Audio driver.

I do not tick any of the other boxes, your choice, of course.

Please, go to the event viewer in windows 7 and see what the error was and report back. If you don´t remember the date and time try to generate it again. If you don´t know how to access the event viewer just google it, it is very simple. We need to know if it is a .dll crash or OOM crash or other and what caused it.

Yes I have both in my root FSX. Sorry I don't know what a G3d.dll error is. Haven't seen it mentioned.

I get the following message in the dxdiag: Crashed in system information (stage 4). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information.

The dxdiag also says that I use DX11, of which I am not aware. I did not do any upgrade.

What I did, and perhaps seriously regret, is installing the latest driver from NVIDIA. Could that be the problem. If so, how do I install an older driver version, a copy of which I still have?

Thanks for your help

Hans

Just a quick point to note, your system may well be running DX11, but this does not necessarily mean your programs are using it. DX11 includes backward compatibility for DX10 and DX9 programs.

Basically, it's letting you know that DX11 is installed and available, but if your program (like FSX in this case) is not coded to use DX11, it will not use it... So for FSX, it's going to use DX9, or DX10 if you run the DX10 preview mode.

OK, just go to control panel--administrative tools--event viewer

When there double click Custom Views then administrative events.

Once we know what triggered it well be one step away from a fix hopefully.

Hello all,

I found the event information. It is partly inDutch, though:

Naam van toepassing met fout: fsx.exe, versie: 10.0.62613.0, tijdstempel: 0x551a6ac5

Naam van module met fout: facilities.dll, versie: 10.0.62613.0, tijdstempel: 0x551a6ae6

Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005

Foutoffset: 0x000176ea

Id van proces met fout: 0x1238

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d0ba5e04500aa7

Pad naar toepassing met fout: I:\FSX SE\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Pad naar module met fout: I:\FSX SE\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\facilities.dll

Rapport-id: ce230f4d-2652-11e5-9e6b-6c626d85bf80

I hope you can find out what the problem is. I think the parts after the colon are the important ones.

I very much appreciate what you all have done to help.

I will also try to switch to an earlier Graphics driver.

Regards

Hans

I did install the previous GPU driver. That seemed to work without problems. Started FSX:SE again, loaded the P-51 at KPSC and when I changed view into VC, FSX said that a fatal error occured.

The event information reported the following:

Naam van toepassing met fout: fsx.exe, versie: 10.0.62613.0, tijdstempel: 0x551a6ac5

Naam van module met fout: ntdll.dll, versie: 6.1.7601.18869, tijdstempel: 0x55636317

Foutoffset: 0x00033feb

Id van proces met fout: 0xd64

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d0ba6b385b19c3

Pad naar module met fout: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Rapport-id: b3e434bc-265f-11e5-bfec-6c626d85bf80

Does this help you any further?

Regards

Hans 

Just finshed an hour flying over FTX Schotland with the WACO biplane in real weather with EFBFSX and I-track 5. Framerates between 50 and 60FPS. No problem at all.

I flew very recently A2A's B-17, Aerosoft's PBY, A2A's Anson and now the WACO bi-plane all with no problems and all in different places in the world. Could it be the aircraft?

Regards

Hans

One problem seems to be the facilities.dll, the other a so called ntdll.dll.

Not familiar with either of those and your problem will not be cured with FSUIPC free version module nor the uiautomationcore.dll.

I did some research out of curiosity about the nldll.dll, this will help you fix it. Do some more research if necessary.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/a/ntdlldll.htm

Thanks Alferra, I will try, to be honest I consider it very "dangerous" when doing something in your computer without exactly understanding what you are doing. But if worse comes to worse I have to go that alley as well, I suppose.

However, first I gave it a try again and finished after an hour flying over FTX Schotland with the P-51 in real weather with EFBFSX and I-track 5. Framerates between 50 and 60FPS. No problem at all.

To-morrow I will change to KPSC and report what happens then. A strike of bad luck? I must say the only plane which very seldom gives a fatal error is the P-51. Is that strange?

Regards

Hans

yes, that is understandable. You will be going to perk at your windows 64 bit system files. Be careful not doing anything out of order. Get yourself someone who is very well versed in windows 64 bit OS to help you, lest you have to reinstall windows again.

A .dll file is no big deal however.

Another thing you might try doing is reinstalling the scenery maybe you have a corrupt file. As long as you are at it try downloading it again, don´t use the same zip file and use a good unzipper.

All,

I tried to change from Oban EGEO to KPSC with the P-51 I flew Happily with in FTX Scotland. When I went to KPSC, even during loading the fatal error report already showed. The event log says:

Naam van module met fout: fe.dll, versie: 10.0.62613.0, tijdstempel: 0x551a6ae6

Foutoffset: 0x000a69ab

Id van proces met fout: 0x9b8

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d0bca978ab25da

Pad naar module met fout: I:\FSX SE\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fe.dll

Rapport-id: 31cb05db-289e-11e5-a9aa-6c626d85bf80

Which shows another .DLL failure viz fe.dll.

I am getting desperate. What I don't understand tat it is only at this airport apparently. I will try to re-install the scenery and report back.

Regards

Hans

Again I changed to KPSC from the opening screen. I could fly for 30 minutes and then again a crash. The event log pointing at a ntdlldll error.

Could it be an OOM case. Though I have not set the settings to full right.

Sorry to keep on reporting, but perhaps someone has similar problems and could follow the way to a possible solution.

I will keep on trying.

Regards

Hans

Since I live in Richland, WA, and regularly fly from Pasco (KPSC),  I made a test flight this afternoon.  Took off from RWY 21L, then did a landing on RWY 30, flying the default Cessna 172.  Did not notice anything unusual, and the landing was normal.  Did notice you were using FSX Steam, which I have purchased but not yet installed.  I am using Windows 7.  I have FTX PNW and North America scenery.  I have not resolved your problem, but have maybe helped eliminated some of the possibilities.

Jim Kaye

Hello Jim,

I have the same: windows 7, FTX PNW but installed FSX:SE. FSX:SE gives much higher framerates and I would think an improvement over the "old" FSX. Apart from this problem.

What I will do to-day is to re-install FTX PNW and the P-51. I took of from 21L yesterday did a go around over the same spot I experienced the first crash and flew in the direction of Seattle. the session then crashed near Yakima. So it seems not to be a problem directly related to Pasco. What I don't understand that I don't experience this over FTX Scotland and do over FTX PNW. Reason for me to call it a scenery problem in the first instance.

Thanks for the help.

I'll hopefully come back with the solution :)

Regards

Hans

All,

I think (hope) I got it solved.

When I closed FSX:SE and tried to start FSX:SE again. It said that FSX was already running. So I had to shut down the computer to start again. I did that for a few weeks already with no problems except the annoyance of having to restart the computer.

Going along the list of possibilities and changes, I opened the Configuration screen again, I saw that next to FSX:SE, FSX was loaded as well, which I had seen before, but consedered as part of the Steam set-up as I had FSX completely uninstalled before I installed FSX:SE. I also noticed that some aircraft I flew with since the FSX:SE install, were loaded twice, once under FSX:SE and the other under FSX. I uninstalled everything again and reinstalled everything. I made a flight from KPSC (Pascoe) to KBFI (Renton) with no problem at all. With only a few studders when in really heavy cloud. The rest with 50+fps.

What I still do not understand though why only in Pascoe area FSX crashed, and after almost two months of happy flying.

I took a lot of effort, but I think I resolved it.

Thanks very much for all your advise and support.

Regards

Hans

I forget to mention that I had to alter the registry to point at fsx.exe before I reinstalled everything. I suppose that has to do with the automatic installation by steam.

Which I thought very strange. 

Hans

Archived