The sale ends in 2 hours, please don't complain if you miss out

I'm just posting this because invariably there always seems to be people who wait until the last minute to buy products on sale, then complain they missed out :)

The sale ends 2 hours and 20 minutes after this post, so please visit FSS now if you want that bargain.

Oh FFS, I missed it. Been away all weekend and assumed it ended at midnight tonight. Was going to treat my self to a number of addons. Arrggghhh.

Me too.

To mee May ends at midnight 31 of May.

... because your products are great and because I have been thinking about my purchases for a while now, I will make my purchase. Where else will I buy them from, after all? However, this will cost me about £19.00 more than it would have done had I not missed the sale. PLEASE can you next time clearly specify in a location easily seen via the headline sale notice when the sale ends. The sale was clearly promoted as a May sale, with no visible closing date notice as required by Section 8 of the Advertising Standard Authority's CAP Code.

Love this sale! Got Palm Springs, FTX Global, and Vector, and I must say, this was the best deal ever. I can now fly to all sorts of places I missed out on with default scenery such as Orlando or Chicago! I really appreciate the care you guys show for your customers and how you take a month out each year to put all of your products on sale! Couldn't be any happier!

I guess that next time, we all have to remember, it is THEIR time...in Australia....not our own part of the world...

Nope - if the sale is for users worldwide, no one should be disadvantaged. It's not up to users around the world to guess when a sale ends. Even MORE reason to comply with the UK ASA rules regarding notice of closing dates ...

Section 8.17

All marketing communications or other material referring to sales promotions must communicate all applicable significant conditions or information where the omission of such conditions or information is likely to mislead. Significant conditions or information may, depending on the circumstances, include:

Section 8.17.4.a

A prominent closing date, if applicable, for purchases and submissions of entries or claims.

Given we are all flyers who understand what UTC means, a simple ... "this sale ends at xx:xx UTC on 31 May" would suffice. Not rocket science and would be a whole lot fairer, not to mention in compliance of UK regulations. 

... because your products are great and because I have been thinking about my purchases for a while now, I will make my purchase. Where else will I buy them from, after all? However, this will cost me about £19.00 more than it would have done had I not missed the sale. PLEASE can you next time clearly specify in a location easily seen via the headline sale notice when the sale ends. The sale was clearly promoted as a May sale, with no visible closing date notice as required by Section 8 of the Advertising Standard Authority's CAP Code.

It may come as a surprise to you but there is a world outside of the UK and, guess what, they push the chutzpah not to live according to London time   ! They have their own time. Weird, right ?  Like in Australia, they dont eat, sleep and even work when you do. So for instance, when they say May, 31st at midnight it is their midnight not yours. Its a shame, I know.

>:D

Thx for the sale - got Palm Springs , Tahoe , AYPY .. Sale ran for a month and people still complain -- happens all the time :(

Reminds me of a tshirt I saw a while ago - procrastinators unite - tomorrow :)

It may come as a surprise to you but there is a world outside of the UK and, guess what, they push the chutzpah not to live according to London time   ! They have their own time. Weird, right ?  Like in Australia, they dont eat, sleep and even work when you do. So for instance, when they say May, 31st at midnight it is their midnight not yours. Its a shame, I know.

>:D

That's not the point, and you know it. I don't care when the sale ends - Australian time, Tibetan time, whatever. I just need to know WHEN so I can plan accordingly. If the sale is promoted in MY COUNTRY it is governed by the laws of my country. Simple ... you would have thought.

Reminds me of a tshirt I saw a while ago - procrastinators unite - tomorrow :)

Bit like the T-Shirt I saw too ... "People who work 60 hour weeks with a wife and 2 kids and very little down time who are too tired when they get home at 9pm in the week to go online and make a purchase wait until the weekend when they finally have a couple of hours to themselves to finally get round to making a purchase ."

come on guys ... I'm just asking for a clear and simple notice specifying when the sales ends so everyone, no matter where they live, knows. Am I really being that unreasonable?!

no one should be disadvantaged.

For you the sale would have started on the 30th of April, you still got the full 31 days that everyone else got, right?

come on guys ... I'm just asking for a clear and simple notice specifying when the sales ends so everyone, no matter where they live, knows. Am I really being that unreasonable?!

I agree, next time I'll be sure to place a timezone somewhere on the banner.

Not complaining, I got  A LOT of stuff!! (all regions and ftx global).

But I was surprised that I went in to get just "one last purchase" and get vector, but prices were back to normal. I knew it was AUS time, but I thought it ended at midnight, and according to the first port here actually ended at 11 pm, not midnight, so yeah, there is that...

Edit: Correcting myself, I thought we had 12 hours difference with AUS, but it's 13, so it *was* supposed to end at midnight.  However, I did go to the store several minutes ahead of time and prices had already changed. Looks like they were really eager to take them down... :-

For you the sale would have started on the 30th of April, you still got the full 31 days that everyone else got, right?

I agree, next time I'll be sure to place a timezone somewhere on the banner.

Thanks Ben - glad you agree. (I didn't see the sale until some time in May, so I gained no personal benefit from it starting in April for me).

Interesting to see that you don´t even seem to have an ORBX product (no order number). 

Jack

Yes, very interesting Jack. How's about this ...

Order Number: FSS0296071

Order Date: 2014-06-21

[ORB-721] Orbx - FTX: EU EGTH Shuttleworth (Old Warden) Aerodrome

[ORB-724] Orbx - FTX: EU EGTR Elstree Airfield

[ORB-712] Orbx - FTX: EU England

[ORB-725] Orbx - FTX: EU EGHA Compton Abbas Airfield

[ORB-723] Orbx - FTX: EU EGHP Popham Airfield

[ORB-715] Orbx - FTX: EU EGHR Chichester/Goodwood Airport

[ORB-718] Orbx - FTX: EU EGKA Shoreham Airport

[ORB-730] Orbx - FTX: EU EGHI Southampton Airport

Walter, that's brilliant. Thanks for wading in. Most helpful.

Walter - I am sorry. Think I misunderstood your post and was rude to you. Am going offline now to calm down!

Would having the time zone on the banner really benefit you?  You show an order number going back a whole year, but only 10 posts.  You aren't here regularly, not surprising you missed out.  ;)

Bruce, gosh, what a welcoming and friendly post - thank you. In answer to your first question - YES. And in response to your second point, are you actually saying I am not as worthy as more frequent posters here? Is that REALLY what you are saying?!? As it happens, I am a frequent visitor/observer but I guess because I don't post that much and have only bought 8 ORBX products then I should get what I deserve, right?

Archived