Argh

ojiito

So payday was this week, and I have to decide on what (not if) I'm going to add to my slowly growing fsx collection.  I've hardly made a dent in exploring the sceneries I already have, but somehow I think I need more...  but I really don't.  But I will end up get something anyway.  Or should I finally spring for REX4...  But I've always wanted Australia.  And how could you not have New Zealand, looks amazing.  North Island, or South, or both..???  Darn it!   Can't do it all, and maybe that wouldn't be as fun anyway.  I don't think I'm not the only one with this problem. 

So,, scenery or REX?  New sceneries sure are fun, but Orbx people seem to really like REX.  I guess I'm afraid I won't notice much difference with it.  I don't know, I'll probably not decide and just end up spending more money than I should again...

Any one of the Oceania sceneries would be a great addition and believe me you will notice the difference wether you buy scenery of weather, but........

REX4 w/ ASNext - a great duo !! .

Cheers

Brad

.......if you really want to improve your skies this is the combo to go for.

Hope I have persuaded you to buy both scenery and weather :)  :) :)  :) ! 

Done.  Rex it is. 

I already have Active Sky Next which is great, so this seems like a good next step.  With PAHO coming out apparently imminently, I might have to wait for NZ till next time Benny, but pretty sure it will

be next.  Looks awesome.   Thanks for all the devilish help.

And I'm not sure of the differences between the Rexs, but 4 seems to be the latest/consolidated version?  The website to me is not entirely clear sometimes.

...    You may need a second job but it's worth it right?   lol

LOL.    ha ha.      yeah.... ....

I think I'll finish trying to get REX4 installed and get to know it first, then consider the Soft Clouds.  I kind of like my clouds a little harder anyway.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I guess I don't fully understand.  I just got my Rex 4 installed and fully updated (would be nice if they sent the current version out for new download, like Orbx) but waiting for the weekend to check it out.  I thought it was already supposed to have excellent cloud textures.  But were they made to just be kind of excellent, now buy Soft Clouds to get the really excellent visuals?  I feel like I am losing control of all my addons and what they do and how to make them do it, and my collection is nothing compared to others'... 

I am happy to be corrected but ASN will work in FSX and ONLY P3D ver 2.4. Missed that and installed the demo in V2.3 and all hell broke loose.

I have REX 4 and soft clouds. You would be crackers to not have both together.

As for scenery I think the 'Full Fat' regions are better than airports as you will have a lot more exploring to enjoy.

Australia and North and South Islands of New Zealand will definitely keep you happy for quite awhile. A windy Wellington landing or Milford Sound is a must for everyone.

I agree, I love the fat regions, that is what has given new life to flight sim for me.  I've added a few airports that I have some personal connection to, and that would make nice bases for going out to the surrounding areas.  Not to mention, the Orbx airports are just stunning.   I want to see Rex 4 by itself first so I can actually see the difference, and after all the convincing here on these evil forums, then I will probably end up with the Softies.    Argh, it's never enough is it..

Archived