Great shots... the second opened my eyes to the fact that the MJ800 now runs on P3D. Once PMDG gets on board, I'll probably switch from FSX the same day!

Yes - the Dash works well in P3D. I thought there may be problems, but none as yet.

I must admit it'd be great to have the NGX right now, but there are plenty of other airliners (Aerosoft Airbus etc.) that *almost* fill that gap! I'm looking forward to a revamped B-747 from PMDG.

To be honest, though - there's no reason to wait for PMDG. If you're able to install P3D on the same system like I did, you can gradually migrate all your FSX add-ons. There have been times when I needed to check how I set certain aircraft up in FSX - so I'd just flip back and forth. For instance - getting the tiller to work in both the Airbus and Dash ... I just couldn't remember how I did it - so it was easy to find out.

Adam.

Great shots... the second opened my eyes to the fact that the MJ800 now runs on P3D. Once PMDG gets on board, I'll probably switch from FSX the same day!

Best,

Lucky

It didn't look like PMDG were going to migrate to P3d so in Dec I took the plunge and used the Estonia migration tool to port it across. It works fine with no reportable problems yet. I must admit, this aircraft and the B747 from PMDG are the only two I have used the migration tool for. I would never use it for scenery as I only really fly with FTX and with enough patience the Triple installers have arrived.  

I'm really grateful that ORBX sceneries are available for P3D *at no extra cost*. A few fairly high profile FS add-on developers are charging for additional versions of their products.

From a purely marketing point of view, I'd say the ORBX approach makes sense - it builds loyalty. Though I'm sure there are perfectly great sceneries out there by other companies, I simply "don't go there" - and am happy to wait for new scenery areas or the old ones to be revamped for P3D.

I haven't got the added complications of GLOBAL etc. and have found the P3D installs of all my FTX scenery easy and problem free. Another marketing "plus".

Adam.

EDIT: I also ought to add that by supporting P3D, ORBX are really enhancing their product. Ground (and vegetation) shadows have *totally transformed* my NZNI/NZSI - the point being that all the hard work (by the scenery designers) has already been done. We now get to see it in all its glory.

Archived