any add-ons airports for FTX Global/Vector/LC users ?

cassis87

Hi,

I have noticed that all airports released are for the FTX regions.... (except  AYPY I believe)....  are there any plans to release some high end airports in Europe, US, Asia...  for customers who "only" own the standard packs (FTX Global, Vector and LC) ?

Thank you

Gregory

I believe several airports in the various packs already released include airports outside of specific orbx areas. But, they all require at least FTX Global.

Sherm

Sorry Sherm but I mentionned "high end" airports.... not "basic AFCAD modified" airports that come free of charge in the packs.....  I mean high end airports such as PAKT, PAEN ...

Check the freeware page, Barth and Rugen are both Global airports.  Probably as high end as you'll get without regions.

Thanks Bruce but still this is not the reply I was expecting.... I was talking about payware high end airports.

Orbx are more for ga airfields, however have a look at Southampton which goes with EU England, also Eu wales comes with cardiff airport payware quality

Did you read my initial question ?

"for customers who only own the standard packs (FTX Global, Vector and LC) ?"

..  let's wait for the developpers answer...

FTX airports are a selling point for FTX regions and vice versa. I wouldn't bet on a dev chiming in with "we don't wanna sell regions anymore" or " we also feel that the regions are overcrowded". For the rest of the world there are 20+ other developers. OrbX on the other hand needs FTX airports as a selling point for the two FTX regions they release each year.

AFAIK, Ken Hall and Tim Harris are developing another Kokoda-like adventure pack outside the FTX regions.

Tore Stranden's Narvik was supposed to be an FTX Global payware airport, but only because Sim720 was supposed to create "Norway South" this year which wouldn't have included Narvik. But they have jumped ship since and Holger&Team is creating a complete Norway now, so go figure...

Hi,

I have noticed that all airports released are for the FTX regions.... (except  AYPY I believe)....  are there any plans to release some high end airports in Europe, US, Asia...  for customers who "only" own the standard packs (FTX Global, Vector and LC) ?

Thank you

Gregory

Hi

If you are looking for high end major airports, most of the payware by the quality developers (Fly Tampa, UKXtreme, Latin VFR, Aerosoft, Taxi2Gate, FlightBeam etc) work very well with FXT Global and Open LC EUR (I don't as yet use FTX Vector relying on vector data from the UTX regions). I think Orbx/FTX tend to concentrate more on developing the lesser known airports and airfields with a few exceptions mainly in Australia.

Bill

Hi,

Thank you

Gregory

This one will work with Global: 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/83078-ennk-narvik-preview-video/

Hi

If you are looking for high end major airports, most of the payware by the quality developers (Fly Tampa, UKXtreme, Latin VFR, Aerosoft, Taxi2Gate, FlightBeam etc) work very well with FXT Global and Open LC EUR (I don't as yet use FTX Vector relying on vector data from the UTX regions). I think Orbx/FTX tend to concentrate more on developing the lesser known airports and airfields with a few exceptions mainly in Australia.

Bill

Thanks bill. I think you're right..

Hello cassis87

My family taught me to ask for things in a polite way , to say please and thank you.

The same goes in this forum, if you compose your question politely people will help you.

Kind regards

Ian

didn't I wrote "thank you" in my firt post that people can't fully read before replying... ?

Now we're talking !  :D   thanks.

Hi Cassis87,

I read your initial post, and I understand your question. The short but clear answer is no. No plans for a large high end pay-ware airport OUTISDE FTX regions, at least not as far as we know.

ENNK was initially developed as a stand-alone airport for FTX Global, but now there will be a full-fat region for Norway. Tore says in that thread, however, that the airport will be compatible for both the FTX Region and Global, so perhaps this is one exception for you.

I'd assume it may work with Global, but isn't there a FTX region for Norway coming up?

In post #12 of the topic I had  linked, Tore states that ENNK it will work with both, FTX Norway and FTX Global.

We do plan on making high quality payware airports and other addons for FTX Global, and in fact there is an amazing scenery addon being developed right now for somewhere in southern Europe.

ENNK was indeed going to be a Global airport, and there will be more like that.

I guess I comes down to time/effort/reward/resources. We're not a huge company and I have always given our developers freedom to develop the airports they want to do, although I do offer guidance as to which parts of the world stuff will sell better for them.

We do plan on making high quality payware airports and other addons for FTX Global, and in fact there is an amazing scenery addon being developed right now for somewhere in southern Europe.

ENNK was indeed going to be a Global airport, and there will be more like that.

I guess I comes down to time/effort/reward/resources. We're not a huge company and I have always given our developers freedom to develop the airports they want to do, although I do offer guidance as to which parts of the world stuff will sell better for them.

Thank you all for your replies. This is crystal clear now :-)

Greg

Hello cassis87

My family taught me to ask for things in a polite way , to say please and thank you.

The same goes in this forum, if you compose your question politely people will help you.

Kind regards

Ian

I was taught to read the question carefully at school, sorry, but his post was clear and polite.

Archived